Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Aug 2020
  • I went a little crazy traveling to three stores to find these chips this morning.  Post pics of your potato chips in this thread.  I would be interested in reading about local brands or flavors from around the country.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by SmokinHandyman on 01 Aug 2020
  • We just started getting the Utz brand in our area, have not tried them yet.
  • #3 by GREG-B on 01 Aug 2020
  • I'm kinda partial to Tim's chips and especially the jalapeño chips.  They're a local producer in the PNW.  Good crunch and flavor.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Aug 2020
  • I think Southeastern PA is the potato chip and pretzel capital of the world. ;D
  • #5 by rughead on 01 Aug 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

They stopped making this a couple of years ago.
    I had them shipped from Ind to Az at least twice a year for special occasions. Years ago
    we used to get them in 5 lb tin containers. Can eat a whole bag at a one sitting!!
     8) :-*

• #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Aug 2020
  • Were they all over IN or just in certain cities or regions?
  • #7 by Bentley on 01 Aug 2020
  • We never really had regional chips in California that I remember, or should I say, that were memorable chips.  I don't think Laura Scudder's is around any more, and maybe it was a National chip?  Tom's used to be in Fresno (maybe they were National too and just had a plant there), but I think they went big time and moved to St Louis.  They were more snack size and 7-11 type and I was always to cheap to buy a small bag of chips for $11!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Aug 2020
  • I will attempt to provide a brief review of each flavor and hope that others do the same for any potato chip in this thread.
  • #9 by SmokinHandyman on 01 Aug 2020
  • I will attempt to provide a brief review of each flavor and hope that others do the same for any potato chip in this thread.

That is a lot of chips. I don't even eat a bag every 3 months
  • #10 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Aug 2020
  • Wonder if I am the only one here that thinks of a bag of chips as a meal at times.  Hope those meds I take every morning keep working.
  • #11 by ylr on 01 Aug 2020
  • Eating Ruffles' Sour Cream and Cheddar as I type, lol! Anyone ever hear of Grippos? They have the hottest BBQ chip of any I have eaten!

• #12 by Bentley on 01 Aug 2020
  • Had to go look at how many bags were in the picture.  7 to 10 days worth, depending on how many sandwiches I have that week!
  • #13 by 02ebz06 on 01 Aug 2020
  • Ruffles was always my favorite.
    Don't eat them much anymore, except when at friends house on poker night.
    He makes homemade chips that are really good.

• #14 by Bentley on 01 Aug 2020
  • Being a Cheap Screw, I really like a bunch of the Wal-Mart Great Value brand chips.  I have always like Frito's Chili Cheese and Honey BBQ, but $3.50/bag.  Wal-mart .88¢  Also the Sour cream & Cheddar & Wavy Chips!
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Aug 2020
  • Where are Grippos from?
Pages:
Actions