Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by Kristin Meredith on 04 Aug 2020
  • Honestly, I didn't mean to start a ruckus.

Oh!  I apologize if I contributed to your feeling that you "started a ruckus."  I love a good discussion, especially when it becomes a debate.  It's always in a friendly fashion.  It's what most of my friends and I do.  It's one of the attractive things about Marcia.

My minister buddy brings a quart of beer to my house, bangs it down on the kitchen table and starts the debate.  Sometimes it's about theology or church management and sometimes not.  I love him like a brother.

I was raised in a house where one parent was a Democrat and one was a Republican and debates were just a part of home life.  It is part of the reason I just don't understand why folks of different political and social and religious views can't get along and have great discussions.  It is how you expand your world view and learn to think about issues in a different light. 
  • #32 by BigDave83 on 04 Aug 2020
  • The nice thing is here they are civilized and there isn't name calling and people getting P'd off well for the most part.
  • #33 by lil moose on 05 Aug 2020
  • The nice thing is here they are civilized and there isn't name calling and people getting P'd off well for the most part.
    AMEN!    Seems these days you can make anyone mad just by saying it's a nice day !
  • #34 by BigDave83 on 05 Aug 2020
  • Honestly, I didn't mean to start a ruckus.

Oh!  I apologize if I contributed to your feeling that you "started a ruckus."  I love a good discussion, especially when it becomes a debate.  It's always in a friendly fashion.  It's what most of my friends and I do.  It's one of the attractive things about Marcia.

My minister buddy brings a quart of beer to my house, bangs it down on the kitchen table and starts the debate.  Sometimes it's about theology or church management and sometimes not.  I love him like a brother.

I was raised in a house where one parent was a Democrat and one was a Republican and debates were just a part of home life.  It is part of the reason I just don't understand why folks of different political and social and religious views can't get along and have great discussions.  It is how you expand your world view and learn to think about issues in a different light.

I agree on the why people can't get along no matter what their views.
Pages:
Actions