Poll: Do you have a preference for a breakfast meat?

Bacon
Sausage
Ham
Steak
Beef Patty
Any one of these, Bacon, Ham, Sausage.
No meat with my breakfast.

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 07 Aug 2020
  • Jd's post got me to thinking about beef and breakfast.  As much as I like beef, I have never been the Steak n Eggs guy.  If I have to have beef as my breakfast meat, I would prefer you grind the steak into a patty and I get it that way.  Was just curious if others had a preference when it come to a full "traditional" hot breakfast.   I use traditional very loosely!
  • #2 by Brushpopper on 07 Aug 2020
  • If you had "All of the above" I would have voted for that, but I went with the three usual meats.  :lick:
  • #3 by Bentley on 07 Aug 2020
  • I guess I should have added no preference.
  • #4 by Big Bear on 07 Aug 2020
  • I voted Bacon, Ham and Sausage....but I don't do Ham, just to clarify my choice....
  • #5 by BigDave83 on 07 Aug 2020
  • I did bacon ham and sausage, although ham is rare in my breakfast unless I go somewhere and get a western omelet. I have done the steak and eggs, but I do like a few places that make a cheesesteak omelet and I will order it. We have a place that does a prime rib omelet no doubt with the leftover PR from the night before and i is great. Cooking at home is usually sausage, breakfast size links or patties.
  • #6 by WiPelletHead on 07 Aug 2020
  • Voted for sausage. Most places cook bacon to crisp for my taste so I only have that at home.
  • #7 by jdmessner on 07 Aug 2020
  • I voted for steak, but very rarely have it for breakfast. However, I always figured if you had steak and eggs for breakfast it must be a very special occasion. Under most circumstances I am good with any of the classic breakfast meats, but I have cut down on the quantity of meat that I consume at breakfast.
  • #8 by yorkdude on 07 Aug 2020
  • Sausage 1st- Bacon 2nd- Ham 3rd.
    I also really like steak and eggs or more accurately rib eye steak and eggs.
    Only really get that anymore after holiday meals as that is pretty much the only time we do rib roasts.
    Although some might be in my future as we are cooking an 17# rib roast for a couples going away party Sunday the 16th.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Aug 2020
  • For some reason, I much prefer Italian or Polish sausage to breakfast sausage so I rarely would order sausage for breakfast.  I have not done the research to determine the ingredients in the breakfast sausage to know why that is the case.  I will eat breakfast sausage if someone cooks it for me as part of the breakfast at their house, but just don't order it.  I prefer the taste of ham on the griddle and bacon over the breakfast sausage.
  • #10 by urnmor on 07 Aug 2020
  • Please add scrapple to the bacon, ham, sausage choice At least for me Of course my first choice with egg is scrapple followed my any of the other three.
  • #11 by Bar-B-Lew on 07 Aug 2020
  • Please add scrapple to the bacon, ham, sausage choice At least for me Of course my first choice with egg is scrapple followed my any of the other three.

Where do you live that you have scrapple?
  • #12 by Free Mr. Tony on 08 Aug 2020
  • For some reason, I much prefer Italian or Polish sausage to breakfast sausage so I rarely would order sausage for breakfast.  I have not done the research to determine the ingredients in the breakfast sausage to know why that is the case.  I will eat breakfast sausage if someone cooks it for me as part of the breakfast at their house, but just don't order it.  I prefer the taste of ham on the griddle and bacon over the breakfast sausage.

How do you feel about sage?  Most breakfast sausage has some sage. Also, sometimes there is maple syrup in the sausage. Not as much, but I've seen it here and there.
  • #13 by Bar-B-Lew on 08 Aug 2020

How do you feel about sage?  Most breakfast sausage has some sage. Also, sometimes there is maple syrup in the sausage. Not as much, but I've seen it here and there.

I'm not against sage as I used to put some in a rub for turkey.
  • #14 by urnmor on 08 Aug 2020

Where do you live that you have scrapple?

I live on the Eastern Shore of Md about 6 miles from the Delaware boarder.  Scrapple is a big breakfast meat here
  • #15 by BigDave83 on 08 Aug 2020

I love scrapple, mush and liver pudding. Used to really enjoy the fall when the neighbors had farms I would to and help to butcher hogs and we always made pans and pans of scrapple and pudding. I had always heard it called Pon Hoss I am sure that is not the correct spelling.
Pages:
Actions