Poll: Do you have a favorite Salad Dressing?

1000 Island
Caesar
Ranch
Oil & Vinegar/Any Hybrid of...
Green Goddess
French
Russian
Italian
Balsamic
Bleu Cheese
Honey Mustard

Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 13 Aug 2020
  • Wet and raining, have to sit inside and clean...only so much I can take..
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 13 Aug 2020
  • A few weeks back I got so bored, I cleaned my desk. 
    Now it is back to normal. ::)

Low fat Ranch for me.
  • #3 by jdmessner on 13 Aug 2020
  •  I was exposed to someone who tested positive for covid, so I have been self quarantined for a while and can relate to your boredom predicament!

I am showing no signs of being sick and the risk of my contracting it is extremely low. However, since I am around a lot of high risk folks, thought it best not to take chances.

In response to the poll, my favorite has always been poppy seed dressing. Of the others listed it could be most any one of them on any given day. Recently I have been trending toward honey mustard, so that one gets my vote.
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 13 Aug 2020
  • Here is real boredom.
    I created a spreadsheet of useless information:
    keep track of how many rolls of TP we use in each bathroom, how long my razor charge lasts, and how long a bottle of mouthwash lasts.
  • #5 by yorkdude on 13 Aug 2020
  • Blue cheese is our go to, Gwen makes it for us.
    We sometimes use Italian as well.
    My mom used make Roquefort when I was growing up, man that stuff was good.
    Hope the sun will shine your boredom away quickly.
  • #6 by Canadian John on 13 Aug 2020

•   Chunky Blue cheese + French is my favorite.
  • #7 by Free Mr. Tony on 13 Aug 2020
  • French if I had to pick one. I like the orange-ish color ones the best typically.
  • #8 by WiPelletHead on 13 Aug 2020
  • Voted for blue cheese. Prefer home made.
  • #9 by cookingjnj on 13 Aug 2020
  • I also voted for blue cheese.  However, I also really like Catalina/French with crumbled blue cheese as a dressing too.
  • #10 by okie smokie on 13 Aug 2020
  • I voted blue cheese, but also like honey/mustard.  Thousand island is great on the famous Reuben sandwich. (I need one of those now). :clap:
  • #11 by Bentley on 13 Aug 2020
  • Bleu Cheese, much more popular then i thought.  Do you all that prefer it, like it creamy or a wet and dry crumble?
  • #12 by okie smokie on 13 Aug 2020
  • Bleu Cheese, much more popular then i thought.  Do you all that prefer it, like it creamy or a wet and dry crumble?
    Creamy with nice chunks.  There are a lot of very bad attempts out there. Some of the restaurants make good ones in house.  I've never tried to make the cream base.
  • #13 by Free Mr. Tony on 13 Aug 2020
  • This recipe is from the Cake Boss cookbook. I make it slightly different than the book process wise, but the ingredients are straight from the book. I've been told by many it's the best blue cheese dressing they have ever had.

I can take or leave blue cheese so it's fine to me, but blue cheese lovers go nuts for it.
    1 Tbs Dijon mustard
    3 TBS apple cider vinegar
     1 Tbs lemon juice
    Salt, pepper
    1/3 cup olive oil
    1 cup gorgonzola or blue cheese
    1/3 cup sour cream
    2 TBS milk

Buzz the Dijon, lemon juice, and vinegar along with a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor. Add the olive oil with the processor running to emulsify. Add half the blue cheese, sour cream, and milk. Process until nearly smooth. Pour into a container and stir in the other half of the blue cheese chunks.

It needs to sit for a few hours to be its best. Everything kind of mellows out over time. Really simple, great blue cheese dressing.
  • #14 by WiPelletHead on 13 Aug 2020
  • I like creamy with nice chunks of blue cheese.

Here's the recipe I use.

Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing

2 1/2 oz blue cheese
    3 Tablespoons buttermilk
    3 Tablespoons sour cream
    2 Tablespoons mayo
    2 Teaspoons white wine vinegar
    1/4 Teaspoon sugar
    1/8 Teaspoon garlic powder
    Salt and Pepper to taste

Mash blue cheese and buttermilk in a bowl with a fork. Stir in remaining ingredients.  Taste and adjust to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 2 or 3 hours to let the flavors blend.
  • #15 by BigDave83 on 13 Aug 2020
  • I like certain Italian dressings, and some of the places we eat make a great house Italian. Ranch is good but again if bottles Hidden Valley, we get a mix from US Foods and make it with buttermilk and mayo. It is really good.

The company I used to work for had meetings at a Comfort Inn in Burnham, they made a garlic dressing that I really loved, i tried to get the recipe or even buy some but they would not do either.
Pages:
Actions