Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Yoder

Considering a Yoder YS640S

<< < (3/3)

iflyskyhigh:
I can tell you that when it doesn’t go below 95° here in the summer, even at night, I hardly use any pellets!

Seriously though, it doesn’t really get any colder here than low 30’s in the winter. Freezes maybe once or twice a year. So I didn’t invest in the insulated cover.

The accessories I did get were:

Regular cover. I’m a cover guy. The sun here in the desert is brutal on things. I’d rather replace a cover every few years than replace or restore a grill. I actually had the strap on my first cover pull off and Yoder sent me another ASAP free of charge and paid return shipping on the defective one. Great customer service.

I also got the diffuser with the door. That’s a complaint I do have. Kind of nickel and dime xxxx that they don’t just sell the grill at an up charge with that as a option.  Now I have an the original diffuser that I never use just sitting around taking up space. The sell the competition cart and an upgrade option without making you buy the regular cart AND the competition cart?!?!? Why not do the same with the diffuser? Anyway, get it. It’s worth it.

I also got the grill grates and cast iron griddle. Love em both. Money well spent. My family loves it when I cook breakfast for dinner on the griddle.  And it doesn’t stink up the house like bacon and eggs. AND we don’t have to clean up the kitchen. Breakfast is messy! Steaks and burgers come out really well on the grill grates.

Think that’s it? I have so much grilling xxxx I lose track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iflyskyhigh:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on August 16, 2020, 03:29:33 PM ---Memphis Elite is large, double-walled, but pricey.

--- End quote ---
I looked at the Memphis Grills here locally. They are nice, but I have no idea how in the world the justify that price. I thought the Yoder was expensive, but the Memphis is next level. And they just look like a nice gas grill. I like the fact the Yoder looks like a smoker. Or at least what I think a smoker should look like. There is a reason the smoke stack is offset on one end. Again it goes back to mimicking a true offset smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigDave83:
I don't own one, but they seem to make a great product also, and they have different sizes. Pits and Spitts. may be something you would want to check out for size. I do not know how the Yoder is made internally, but if the grates are 20deep you will probably not put a 20" pan in there that way as they would more than likely block the airflow coming up the front and back of the chamber.

RoadRunner18:
These pans have an 18" bottom and 20" at the top of the pan, which can be bent inward.

Thanks for the Tips iflyskyhigh!  I'll be checking out the Yoder Smokers sometime this week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View