Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 4given on 18 Aug 2020
  • Here is a link to another video where I seared a  sous vide sirloin roast with the harbor frieght weed burner.

https://youtu.be/OD2kgj8cZis

This time I turned the torch up a little more.  At the end,  you can see what the roast looks like after I an done for a better idea of apperance and plate apeal. 

I sous vide cooked the roast at 133 deg for 24 hours. I then seared it, stuck in in my GMG Davet Crockett set on 150 deg for 30 minutes for a little smoke. I used Bear Mountain Pecan pellets.  After the smoke I brushed it with melted butter just for kicks. It is in the fridge. We are taking it to the cabin tomorrow and we will eat it there. I'll post some pictures after I have cut into it.
  • #2 by BigDave83 on 18 Aug 2020
  • Looks great, can't wait to see it when you cut it and hear your report on texture and flavor.

I am not a big safety person, but next time could you not put the lighter close on the shelf, I doubt it would get that hot to cause an issue. Just rather see you be safer than sorry.
  • #3 by 4given on 20 Aug 2020
  • Looks great, can't wait to see it when you cut it and hear your report on texture and flavor.

I am not a big safety person, but next time could you not put the lighter close on the shelf, I doubt it would get that hot to cause an issue. Just rather see you be safer than sorry.

I saw that too. Must of been distracted by the  camera. I’ll do better next time. 

Here is the roast. Very, very tender and flavorful.  Right on the boarder line of being too tender.  I put this roast in frozen for 24 hours so I’ll try 20 hours next time.
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 20 Aug 2020
  • I would eat that all day long. A little horseradish with or with out mayo and some salt and pepper and I am good.

Sadly the folks that eat my cooking when I cook and they are here would never touch it, because it is raw. Maybe I should find better family.
Pages:
Actions