Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dk117 on 19 Aug 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by dk117 on 19 Aug 2020
  • normal players here.  Philly cream cheese, sweet and smokey rub, Colby jack, mixed into the peppers.  Room temperature thick cut bacon stretched out over the peppers, 225 for two plus hours.

The change was all the peppers were grown in my garden.  Jalapenos turned out nice.  Banana peppers a little thin for ABT's.   Heirloom hot peppers very hot for my taste, gypsy sweet and lunchbox orange sweet were nice, but also thin.

Worst part was the time for eating, there was not a lot of organization and I went from sweet pepper to hot and back not knowing what the next bite held in store for me.

All in all fun to cook with the garden ingredients. 

DK

PS yes I still need a new phone camera and long ago gave up on ABT's looking pretty vs tasting great! 
  • #3 by pmillen on 19 Aug 2020
  • Do cut your peppers in half, core them or what?
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Aug 2020
  • Love to hear about "cooks from the garden".  They look delicious!!
  • #5 by dk117 on 19 Aug 2020
  • Do cut your peppers in half, core them or what?
    yup, cut in half, and devein them removing all seeds.   If store bought I often put in sprite or 7-up or milk overnight to take the heat out of them for the wife.  This batch was just me, so I suffered the heat.
  • #6 by GREG-B on 19 Aug 2020
  • My pepper plants were a dismal disaster this year.  Something in the greenhouse kept eating the leaves. :-[
  • #7 by Bentley on 19 Aug 2020
  • The ones I started from seed are finally starting to produce.  Kristin also plated some from Lowes that are almost big enough to harvest.  She picked a bunch of poblano thinking they were Japs, so they are pretty tiny for poblano's.  Hope to be able to make a few in a couple of weeks.
  • #8 by BigDave83 on 20 Aug 2020
  • I had never made them cut in half until I saw a few folks on here doing it. I always cut the tops off cleaned them out and used disposable piping bags to fill with seasoned cream cheese and a small jerky gun to fill with sausage. The last 2 times i made them I did them cut in half. nicer to do. The GF's Mother loved them when I did them the other week, she took all that was left home with her. I think I used the onion flavored soft cream cheese in them and dusted it with some rub and dusted again after the bacon was on.

Those look great. It makes me want to go to the farmers market and look for some of the larger hot peppers and then grind up some butts to make sausage and fill them.
  • #9 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Aug 2020
  • I had never made them cut in half until I saw a few folks on here doing it. I always cut the tops off cleaned them out and used disposable piping bags to fill with seasoned cream cheese and a small jerky gun to fill with sausage. The last 2 times i made them I did them cut in half. nicer to do. The GF's Mother loved them when I did them the other week, she took all that was left home with her. I think I used the onion flavored soft cream cheese in them and dusted it with some rub and dusted again after the bacon was on.

Those look great. It makes me want to go to the farmers market and look for some of the larger hot peppers and then grind up some butts to make sausage and fill them.

I've been wanting to make them with a mixture of finely shredded brisket or pork in the flavored cream cheese filling.
  • #10 by 02ebz06 on 20 Aug 2020

I used to make them with just tops off, then switched to cutting lengthwise.
    We stuff with cream cheese, mixed with shredded cheddar and seasoning, then put a little smokie sausage on top before wrapping.
Pages:
Actions