Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tex Mex Meatballs with Hatch Chiles  (Read 266 times)

glitchy

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
Tex Mex Meatballs with Hatch Chiles
« on: August 24, 2020, 05:11:17 PM »

My 5lbs of Joe Parker Hatch Chiles arrived on Friday afternoon, so Friday evening I fired up the charcoal grill and roasted them all. Threw 3 in a dish to steam and peel and the rest were vac sealed and frozen.

Saturday for lunch I wanted to make something with them and had saved a couple recipes. I made Jess Pryles' Tex Mex Meatballs substituting fresh hatch for the canned green chiles in the recipe. I'm not going to list the recipe here due to possible copyright, but Googling 'Jess Pryles Tex Mex Meatballs' will get you there quickly. I also made some smoked queso dip. The meatballs were awesome. They were a little too spicy for my daughter, but the wife and I both loved them. Next time I'm going to halve the Chipotle powder. I suspected they'd be pretty spicy with 2 full teaspoons, but wanted to follow the recipe as listed other than the chiles.

The queso dip was way too smokey. I'm not sure if we just don't love smoked queso or if I didn't have clean enough smoke as I cooked it on the Weber Summit Charcoal and thought I had the fire going well and went in to make the meatballs and noticed later the grill was stuck between 160-170. Might try it inside if I do it again and then maybe on the Woodwind after that if we like it. I needed 2 grills since meatballs were a 350 cook. If you like Mexican/Southwestern flavors, these meatballs are worth a try.
MAK 2* General (2021) | KBQ C-60 | Weber Summit Charcoal w/SnS LP, customized Big Joetisserie, Vortex, and Hunsaker Griddle | Weber Genesis II - S345 | Weber Traveler | Fireboard 2 Drive

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
Re: Tex Mex Meatballs with Hatch Chiles
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 09:44:46 PM »

Those look wonderful and I like Jess Pryles.  She's a good egg.  :clap:
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 05:00:17 AM »

The meatballs look fantastic.

02ebz06

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Rio Rancho, NM
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 11:28:22 AM »

Those meatballs look delicious. Liking them a lot, will have to try.
Bruce here - These are my cooking toys:
Lone Star Grillz 20x42 Pellet Grill (on order),   CampChef XXL Vertical Pellet Smoker,   Grilla Grills Primate (on order),   Pizza Party Emozione pizza oven
Pages: [1]   Go Up