Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by bhein on 25 Aug 2020
  • Hello, I've been pellet smoking since 2010. Started on an old Danson Country Smoker Tailgator and joined Pelletheads not long after. My next endeavor was the CornGlo 527 which has been out of business for quite some time. Last week I picked up a <1yr old Mak 2 Star General and did an easy 1st cook, baby back ribs, Sunday. So far all is good but I'm still learning how to get the most out of the Mak and will ask questions as the opportunities come up.

BTW, Bentley's reviews as well as all the others have been very helpful.

Bruce
  • #2 by Canadian John on 25 Aug 2020

•  Welcome Bruce.  Atlanta- Big Green Egg country. We used to attend the Eggtober fests there; Atlanta Motor Speedway + Stone Mountain.

Always nice to have new members. Have fun with us.
  • #3 by bhein on 25 Aug 2020
  • Thanks, Canadian John. I see that there are many subjects to utilize like with Pelletheads. To bad all that info from Pelletheads is not available.
    Bruce
  • #4 by Bentley on 25 Aug 2020
  • That CornGlo was a big unit!
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 25 Aug 2020
  • Hi Bruce, welcome from Bruce.  ;D
    Congrats on the new grill.
  • #6 by bhein on 25 Aug 2020
  • Bentley, The 527 stood for the sq. in. of the primary grill, so yes it was big. I'm giving it to one of my sons when they move into their new home. If it had a digital control I probably would have kept it.

Enjoyed the discussions on Pelletheads and I see it should be the same here.

Bruce
  • #7 by bhein on 25 Aug 2020
  • Bruce in Rio Rancho. nicw e to meet you. Interesting we inherited Rio Rancho property from our parents. We sold most of them but still have a few lots left. None of it in developed areas.

It's a small world!

Bruce
Pages:
Actions