Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by BigDave83 on 01 Sep 2020
  • Saw some leg quarters yesterday at the store, manager special, so why not.

Seasoned them with the rub we make up, as the GF really likes that stuff, not sure why. Maybe it is because she helps make it. If you search the interweb thingy for Kansas City Kryptonite Rub it is what I started with and then changed a few amounts and added an ingredient or two. Great on chicken, pork, she even likes it on beef.

Vac sealed them and dropped them in the sous vide supreme at 162 for 2.5 hours maybe a little over. Took them out and reseasoned with the same rub and some Weber Garlic Jalapeno on mine. I just tossed them on a hot gas grill, and flipped a few times, maybe 15 minutes all together.

They came out nice juicy, and very tender, pulled off the bone nice, skin did not get crisp but it was bite through and not tough or rubbery.

She really liked them, a box of Kraft mac and cheese (because it is the Cheesiest) made in the instant pot and she was happy.

I will be doing these again, maybe next time try to finish them little DC as it can get pretty hot quickly, I can slide the drip tray to open the holes also.

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 01 Sep 2020
  • I like that Weber garlic jalapeno rub on steaks
  • #3 by BigDave83 on 02 Sep 2020
  • I like that Weber garlic jalapeno rub on steaks

The GF and her sister wanted to stop at Gabes the other week. I went in and I found they had the Weber Garlic Habanero in the smaller bottles. I bought 4 of them, and should have bought more. I used some of it on the last jerky I made. Less than 2 bucks a bottle. Although just dumping some in my hand and trying it the Jalapeno one tasted hotter. I think I am doing strip steaks tonight for dinner.

The Kickin Chicken one is good also.
Pages:
Actions