Recipe Section > Beef

Smoke-Roasted New York Striploin Roast

<< < (3/3)

pmillen:
I cooked one of these again for a few guests.  Two wanted their portions medium-well to well.  Since I slice and serve at the kitchen island, I just pan seared their slices to their liking.  One of them wanted steak sauce.  Everyone was happy.

Maybe this is a solution for those of you who are serving people who want their meat cooked more than you do.

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: pmillen on May 02, 2022, 03:09:52 PM ---I cooked one of these again for a few guests.  Two wanted their portions medium-well to well.  Since I slice and serve at the kitchen island, I just pan seared their slices to their liking. One of them wanted steak sauce.  Everyone was happy.

Maybe this is a solution for those of you who are serving people who want their meat cooked more than you do.

--- End quote ---

I have a friend that would kick you out of his house if you asked for Steak Sauce.  ;D
I just use when making hamburger patties, just a little.

ylr:

--- Quote from: Brushpopper on September 03, 2020, 10:36:14 AM ---
--- Quote from: Canadian John on September 03, 2020, 09:45:32 AM ---
Sure enough, well done was what they wanted. To add to my misery,

they later asked for catchup...  Heaven help us. This wasn't a hamburger or some lesser cut of meat..Guess I am simply narrow minded.

--- End quote ---

That's just wrong!!  I'm right there with you on that CJ.

--- End quote ---

Did you have Patrick Mahomes over for supper??  :rotf:

pmillen:

--- Quote from: 02ebz06 on May 02, 2022, 03:45:07 PM ---I have a friend that would kick you out of his house if you asked for Steak Sauce.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I understand that mentality.  I used to be there on several issues.  Now—in my old age—I have taken the position that, when it comes to food and drink choices, people aren't wrong, they simply have different preferences.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View