Recipe Section > Beef

Smoke-Roasted New York Striploin Roast

<< < (2/3) > >>

Canadian John:

On the topic of doneness - We had guests over for a steak dinner. I asked how they would like their steaks done just in case  someone wanted theirs blue.  I was appalled to hear well done. I just had to ask

again to make sure there wasn't some sort of misunderstanding and what well done was. So I asked again, are you sure, this is a ---- steak. Sure enough, well done was what they wanted. To add to my misery,

they later asked for catchup...  Heaven help us. This wasn't a hamburger or some lesser cut of meat..Guess I am simply narrow minded.

Brushpopper:

--- Quote from: Canadian John on September 03, 2020, 09:45:32 AM ---
Sure enough, well done was what they wanted. To add to my misery,

they later asked for catchup...  Heaven help us. This wasn't a hamburger or some lesser cut of meat..Guess I am simply narrow minded.

--- End quote ---

That's just wrong!!  I'm right there with you on that CJ.

Kristin Meredith:

On the topic of doneness - We had guests over for a steak dinner. I asked how they would like their steaks done just in case  someone wanted theirs blue.  I was appalled to hear well done. I just had to ask

again to make sure there wasn't some sort of misunderstanding and what well done was. So I asked again, are you sure, this is a ---- steak. Sure enough, well done was what they wanted. To add to my misery,

--- End quote ---

I must quote one of Bentley's favorite lines from "Escape from New Yor City" --- "Their savages Mr. President, just savages!"

Bentley:
I feel your pain CJ, I think more so on the ketchup then the well done.  But I have to turn the table and say would I want someone asking me how I want my steak cooked, I say med rare and be served a well done piece of meat.  Like you, i would just prefer to serve that person meatloaf.  They would like it better then the steak probably?

BigDave83:

--- End quote ---

No doubt needed the catsup to help give it some flavor and moisture so they could eat it.

I have slowly taught my GF that a steak and even pork chops are better if not cooked to death. I made strip steaks the other night took hers off around 140, the thicker part still had a pinkish center. She ate it an enjoyed it as much as she can, not a steak person. A while back i made one the way she wanted and I had her taste mine and I asked her how it was different. She said it is juicier and more tender than mine is. So now I cookk hers o the 138 to 142 area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View