Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Bobitis on 04 Oct 2017
  • >probably 6 or so birds a month.

I heard on the news yesterday that the US consumes 9 billion chickens per year. Looks like you're doing your part :)

Those look great.

OR... a bit shy of 2-1/2 birds per month for every person. Sounds reasonable, but someone is helping take care of my allotment.
  • #17 by urnmor on 05 Oct 2017
  • very very nice looking birds :cool:
  • #18 by imahawki on 06 Oct 2017
  • Was the skin leathery at 225?  I've heard its better to either just cook it at normal oven temp (basically using the pit as a wood fired oven which still imparts flavor) or at least to finish at a higher temp to avoid leathery skin.
  • #19 by LowSlowFoShow on 08 Oct 2017
  • Was the skin leathery at 225?  I've heard its better to either just cook it at normal oven temp (basically using the pit as a wood fired oven which still imparts flavor) or at least to finish at a higher temp to avoid leathery skin.

The skin is leathery when I first take them off but after an hour in foil its perfect.
  • #20 by imahawki on 25 Oct 2017

The skin is leathery when I first take them off but after an hour in foil its perfect.

Good to know.
  • #21 by TLK on 25 Oct 2017
  • looks good.  I usually do 6-8 at a time.  I split them in half which makes for easier freezing and reheating.
  • #22 by bregent on 25 Oct 2017
  • Sounds like a "Blood Pressure Rocket" to me. ..... 26oz?

It's not a rub - you use it like salt.  The nutrition info on the box says 350gm sodium per 1.1oz serving, which translates to about 80% salt.
Pages:
Actions