Pages:
Actions
  • #31 by yorkdude on 04 Oct 2020
  • The smaller pieces, are they cut down to that size for any particular reason!
    Not very accurate but we weigh each belly and divide by 5. We usually end up about 2#’s pieces per slab sliced if that makes sense.
    They all are within that, probably looks different but they are not. Some are 2-5#’s some 2#’s etc.
    they each are about 4” wide and full width of the belly.
  • #32 by Bentley on 04 Oct 2020
  • I guess I was assuming looking at the 1st photo that the pieces on the 2nd and 4th shelves were bigger, not realizing that I could not see all the way in the pit!
  • #33 by yorkdude on 04 Oct 2020
  • All done, with the 1st of 3 batches.
    We tried to illustrate both sides. Not sure if we did.
  • #34 by 02ebz06 on 05 Oct 2020
  • Looks terrific!!!  :clap:
  • #35 by yorkdude on 06 Oct 2020
  • We cut it this time in 1/2 length wise due to the short slicer carriage.
    We have a great Berkel slicer but we dang near need a forklift to get it on the countertops.
    In the upper left is what we call “bean bacon”, it’s obviously the ends/trimmings etc. Makes for awesome ham and beans.
    We used a slicer from cabelas, was a gift from a friend and works pretty good but what we expected.
  • #36 by Bentley on 06 Oct 2020
  • I have started to cut my bellies down to a similer size for the 7 inch Chefs Choice.  Just easier to run through, what setting do you like?
  • #37 by yorkdude on 06 Oct 2020
  • If my eyes are working I will guess heavy 3/16ths. The slicer (if the dial were a clock 5 is @ high noon. I can’t find the “indicator”), just thinner-thicker. Pictures attached.
  • #38 by yorkdude on 06 Oct 2020
  • Last full batch, got 4 more slabs tomorrow. This is at the 5 hour mark. Each shelf has 2 slabs.
  • #39 by yorkdude on 06 Oct 2020
  • Only 4 more to go.
Pages:
Actions