Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2020
  • Hibiscus on my back patio

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2020
  • I call these Bentley Burgers for the cooking method. Will let him jump in if credit is due elsewhere.
    Buy pre-made hamburger patties and freeze them. Fire up the grill to 550.  Put them on frozen solid and grill 5 minutes per side.

On the grill

[ Invalid Attachment ]

At the flip

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2020
  • I put Swiss cheese on the burger with one minute to go and put the buns on at the same time to toast them.

Bun

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Onions fried in butter for the foundation

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #4 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2020
  • Burger with Swiss cheese

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Topped with mustard ketchup and tomato

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #5 by ZCZ on 30 Sep 2020
  • All stacked up with a side of beans and a dill spear.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Like Bentley says: they come out perfect every time. Has not failed me yet for the perfectly cooked burger.

Thanks for the tip Bentley and thanks to all for watching!

Al
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 30 Sep 2020
  • If I recall correctly, I think that was similar to the method Larry used to cook the burgers at the Royal.  But, I think that he used to put a teriyaki sauce or something like that on them near the end of the cook.

Anyway, they looked great.
  • #7 by pmillen on 30 Sep 2020
  • I'm not discounting the quality off your burger, but like Bar-B-Lew, I was reminded of this fantastic burger...
    Larry Hill's Burger.
  • #8 by Bentley on 01 Oct 2020
  • Millions of cooks were doing it before I started...but That is the way I cook them on the Memphis Pro, it really is an easy process and they are rarely over cooked.

I really dont recall what temperature Larry cooked his at on the PG1000, it certainly grilled in zone 1.  He had and elaborate process with the Lawerys seasoning, the Soy Vay Teriyaki.  He would start in zone 2 or 3, then move to zone one, then finish with cheese in zone 4.  He like to flip them about every minute, never quite got that.
  • #9 by ZCZ on 01 Oct 2020
  • Thanks for the comments guys and thanks Paul for the link to Larry’s recipe.
    I have had the privilege, honor and pleasure of enjoying Larry’s burgers at the 2010, 2012 and 2015 American Royal events.  Larry was a storehouse of knowledge with everything BBQ and everything pellet cooking. Was an honor and privilege to have had the opportunity to hang out with him.
    Al
Pages:
Actions