• #1 by Queball on 27 Sep 2017
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    • Queball
  • #2 by pz on 27 Sep 2017
  • Excellent tutorial Queball, and the sausages look fantastic!
  • #3 by Quadman750 on 27 Sep 2017
  • Polish sausage is my favorite, yours looks fantastic.
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 27 Sep 2017
  • Excellent tutorial Queball, and the sausages look fantastic!

Could not agree more!
  • #5 by Bentley on 27 Sep 2017
  • Polish and German are 2 of my favorites!
  • #6 by Queball on 27 Sep 2017
  • Haven't tried brats yet. Need to get it on the list. Of all the preparations in "The Land of Cue" I don't think anything is as much fun as making sausage. There just seems to be a lot of satisfaction in it. ..... Maybe because they hang around a while and you get to enjoy them longer. I love making sausage.

Thanks for the comments! .... Hope this helps a newbie sausage maker who wants to get started.
    • Queball
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 27 Sep 2017
  • This will be my tutorial when I decide to make them.  I may ask you to email me the original documents.
  • #8 by Free Mr. Tony on 27 Sep 2017
  • Great looking stuff. The polish slice looks terrific. Nice mod on the pg500.
  • #9 by Maineac on 28 Sep 2017
  • Super tutorial. Nice work. Great money shots. They started the juices a squirtin.
  • #10 by Queball on 28 Sep 2017
  • How about a fresh, "lobster sausage" recipe, Maineac. ..... Could start a new approach to the "lobster roll" ..... "Lob'sta Links".
    Has that ever been done up there?
    • Queball
  • #11 by Maineac on 28 Sep 2017
  • I'll need more practice; I just made my first linked sausage 2 weeks ago.  Besides, all Mainers know that you can't beat a butter toasted hot dog bun brimming over with fresh-picked lobster mixed with a little mayo... unless, of course, it's fresh-picked lobster awash in butter.

• #12 by riverrat49 on 28 Sep 2017
  • Lobster Mmmmmmm  :clap: :clap:
  • #13 by Quadman750 on 03 Oct 2017
  • I have heard many times on the east coast in Canada many years ago the poor kids took lobster sandwiches to school, I would not complain about a lobster po-boy.
  • #14 by Maineac on 03 Oct 2017
  • I have heard many times on the east coast in Canada many years ago the poor kids took lobster sandwiches to school, I would not complain about a lobster po-boy.

Yup.  Stories about using them for fertilizer among other things - Trash Fish
  • #15 by Queball on 03 Oct 2017
  • In colonial times only the poor and the incarcerated used to eat lobster. It was plentiful, cheap and the “Upper Crust” said it was “tasteless”. At one point, in Massachusetts, to quell disturbances by inmates, they approved a directive that prisoners could not be fed lobster more than three times a week.
    • Queball
Pages:
Actions