Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has Anyone Tried the Avid Armor USV32 Vacuum Sealer?  (Read 3085 times)

JoeGrilling

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
Has Anyone Tried the Avid Armor USV32 Vacuum Sealer?
« on: October 08, 2020, 05:28:59 PM »

The Avid Armor USV32 doesn't have a huge chamber size (11" x 12") but for $599 it seems like a good deal compared to the other commercial sealers.  I have a Food Saver and it works well for most things we seal but for wet items not so much.  The Avid Armor should cover most of the stuff we seal and allow us to do wet items.  Our only exception would be sealing a brisket after injection. 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Has Anyone Tried the Avid Armor USV32 Vacuum Sealer?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2020, 07:44:17 PM »

I do not, this is the 1st time I have seen the unit.  I would like one, but not sure I could live with the sealing size restrictions.  And the are so heavy.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 11:52:56 AM »

I have a friend that has an Avid Armor Ultra, $600 when he bought it.  After a few weeks of ownership (about 50 bags) he said–
  • Easy to use control panel
  • Easy to make custom sealing programs
  • Has 1½ minute quick marinade function
  • Will take large, 11×14, bags
  • The motor is maintenance free (no oil bath) but noisy
  • It makes a double seal
  • It comes with an extra gasket and extra heating element for the sealing mechanism
  • It has a 1-year warranty but it can be doubled if the owner will write an Amazon review
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

Conumdrum

• I love cooking good food for friends and family
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 05:10:29 PM »

Thanks, I might get one as my Santa Gift on Christmas.  My 7 year old Tilia Foodsaver Tank (new to me then) is slowly dying, it was made in the 90's.  One of the originals i heard, got mine on Ebay for $45. 

I do like the look of this style of sealer.  I don't see any good vacuum sealers like the Tilia out there anymore.  They all look so cheap. 
Started with Masterbuilt 30 analog, now my cold smoker Got a YS640 3+ years, happy camper Got a Weber performer with a Vortex, best charcoal grill ever Sold my gasser, Retired, gardening, clean, cook.Life is good!

pmillen

• Global Moderator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
  • This pistol is most fun for the buck
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 07:20:47 PM »

I have a low-end FoodSaver.  Costco had a box car of them.  It seems okay for my purposes, but I can't easily seal liquids.
Paul

MAK 2-Star – M Grills M-36 – Hunsaker Drum – Basic 36" Blackstone Griddle – PK Grill – Masterbuilt 1050 – Kamado Joe Big Joe w/FireBoard Drive & Blower

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2020, 09:09:12 AM »

I bought a vacmaster VP215 through a group buy on FB, and then bought a Pro380 a couple years later, with a discount from vacmaster email and I lucked in to a code on FB that got me another $150 off. At the time I got the close $400 machine and 2 or 3 rolls of 15" wide bag material for $205. Both are great units. The VP215 will do up to a 10x13 pouch. I have come to use it far more than I used the foodsavers, they would irritate me in their sealing at times.

If I were looking for a chamber sealer today I would consider one from the link below or a similar one off Ebay. For less than half the cost of the VP215 it looks to be a clone, has the oil pump, same size chamber, and the control panel looks very similar. Now I would also buy the warranty option through Square deal, usually come up when you make the purchase. I believe that would be a good way to get into a chamber sealer for a reasonable cost. My VP215 through the group buy was $630-650 I believe.

The vac master comes with filler plates, a handy thing to have as they do 2 things, take up space so the pump doesn't work as hard and the chamber draws down quicker, and they are nice if to have if something needs raised to make good even contact with the seal bar. Like when you have a bit more than you should in the pouch, now it can lay level with the bar instead of dropping in to the chamber.

Here is the Ebay link,
I will put it separate in case it is not actually allowed and need to be removed. Apologize if this violates policy.

https://www.ebay.com/i/392789253587?campaign-id=90001&run-date=20201023081000&templateId=b1b42d52-1fbb-4eaa-9bf9-2d0aa5119c58&templateVersion=25&co=11&placement-type=mfe.piyi1P&user-id=43182215307&instance=1603465800&site-id=0&trackingCode=TE79001_T_AGM_CT2&placement-type-name=mfe.piyi1P&mfe-Id=101269

urnmor

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2020, 09:25:20 AM »

I do not however I do one of their regular ones and I can say it has performed very well.

JoeGrilling

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2020, 09:28:14 PM »

After having gone through exercises like the many times in the past, I keep gravitating back to a VacMaster.  I wish we bought one years ago when the prices were lower.  My wife was a bit slow to get onboard with the FoodSaver but it is now one of her most used appliances.  She told me to buy the VP320 and be done with it.  Yippee!

Now the fun part, dealing with the weight of this monster.  The footprint isn't very big at 20" x 22 1/4" but the weight is somewhere between 155-185 lbs.  I decided to weld up a rolling cart from 1 1/2" square tubing that will place the upper edge at counter height.  Getting it on to the cart is going to be a bit crazy.  I figure we can use my Harbor Freight engine lift to get it on the cart.  After you pass the age of 60, I highly recommend getting an engine lift.  It folds up to a small footprint and can lift 2 tons. 

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2020, 10:32:22 PM »

After having gone through exercises like the many times in the past, I keep gravitating back to a VacMaster.  I wish we bought one years ago when the prices were lower.  My wife was a bit slow to get onboard with the FoodSaver but it is now one of her most used appliances.  She told me to buy the VP320 and be done with it.  Yippee!

Now the fun part, dealing with the weight of this monster.  The footprint isn't very big at 20" x 22 1/4" but the weight is somewhere between 155-185 lbs.  I decided to weld up a rolling cart from 1 1/2" square tubing that will place the upper edge at counter height.  Getting it on to the cart is going to be a bit crazy.  I figure we can use my Harbor Freight engine lift to get it on the cart.  After you pass the age of 60, I highly recommend getting an engine lift.  It folds up to a small footprint and can lift 2 tons.

I bought one like this from Sears when i bought the VP215. Then when vacmaster sent an email with a bag deal, I bought 1000 each 6x8, 7x9, 8x12, 10x13. The 8x12 and 10x3 are the most used here. But I have a drawer for each size.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-26-in-W-4-Drawer-Rolling-Cabinet-Tool-Box-Chest-in-Gloss-Black-HKST98066BK/309580736
Pages: [1]   Go Up