Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 09 Oct 2020
  • Cooked this on my Davy Crockett tonight.  Came out wonderful.  Wife loves pork.

• #2 by yorkdude on 10 Oct 2020
  • Very nice, did the bacon help with keeping some moisture in it?
    Sometimes we struggle with that.
  • #3 by urnmor on 10 Oct 2020
  • Looks great
  • #4 by Canadian John on 10 Oct 2020

•  Something that looks that good has to be mouth watering.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 10 Oct 2020
  • Looks great...
    How can you go wrong, pork on pork...
  • #6 by cookingjnj on 10 Oct 2020
  • Very nice looking cook.  Can almost taste it through the monitor.  Did you tie with string length wise to keep the bacon on?
  • #7 by hughver on 10 Oct 2020
  • What a great way to cook a tenderloin. Did the bacon turn out crisp? Could you provide some of the details of the preparation/cook?
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 10 Oct 2020
  • Did you wrap the bacon on your own or was it one of the one's from Sam's Club?  I ask because I have made a few from Sam's Club with the bacon already wrapped that I have enjoyed.

https://www.samsclub.com/p/pork-loin-filet-member-s-mark/prod21263026?xid=plp_product_1_6
  • #9 by pmillen on 10 Oct 2020
  • What a great way to cook a tenderloin. Did the bacon turn out crisp? Could you provide some of the details of the preparation/cook?

+1!

I'd love to see the details in the Recipe section.
  • #10 by just4fn on 10 Oct 2020
  • I started with a pork loin from QFC.  I had extra thick bacon at home so that is what I used.  I tied it one time length wise to hold the ends and 4 times around the middle.  When I do it again,  I think thin bacon would be better because it didn't crisp up at all.  I basted it with Yoshida teriyaki sauce reduced with orange marmalade. and brown sugar. I cooked it at 325 and it took about an hour and 15 minutes. I pulled it at 130 internal temp. It came out great.
  • #11 by hughver on 11 Oct 2020
  • Thanks for the details. I will try to duplicate in the near future using thin bacon and pulling at an IT closer to 140°. I think that the 325° pit temperature should be perfect to crisp up the thin bacon.
  • #12 by just4fn on 11 Oct 2020
  • Thanks for the details. I will try to duplicate in the near future using thin bacon and pulling at an IT closer to 140°. I think that the 325° pit temperature should be perfect to crisp up the thin bacon.

Let us know how it turns out! Other recipe's call  for searing the loin before wrapping in bacon.  I will do that next time also but I don't know if it will make that much of a difference.
  • #13 by urnmor on 11 Oct 2020
  • I started with a pork loin from QFC.  I had extra thick bacon at home so that is what I used.  I tied it one time length wise to hold the ends and 4 times around the middle.  When I do it again,  I think thin bacon would be better because it didn't crisp up at all.  I basted it with Yoshida teriyaki sauce reduced with orange marmalade. and brown sugar. I cooked it at 325 and it took about an hour and 15 minutes. I pulled it at 130 internal temp. It came out great.

Have you thought about cooking the bacon partially way through and then wrap the loin with the bacon.
  • #14 by just4fn on 11 Oct 2020

Have you thought about cooking the bacon partially way through and then wrap the loin with the bacon.

Yes I did but I think using thin bacon might do the trick. The thick bacon wasn't bad it just wasn't crispy at all.  It could have been because of the moisture from the loin.
  • #15 by pmillen on 11 Oct 2020
  • For me, 350° is the sweet spot for cooking bacon alone on a pellet pit.  I'd be tempted to try that on the bacon wrapped pork loin.
Pages:
Actions