Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bentley on 11 Oct 2020
  • This batch took me back to the '80s and Klein's Truck Stop in Fresno just off Hwy 99!  They were some of the best I have ever had, and this batch reminded me of them!  You can use your imagination as to what I had been doing in the hours preceding these meals!  This would have been a full order at Klein's.

• #2 by okie smokie on 11 Oct 2020
  • I have just lost 9 lbs.  You could easily wreck that with what is one of my favorites. Is that sausage, or beef or both in the gravy? I am afraid to look at it again.
  • #3 by Bentley on 11 Oct 2020
  • It is home made Sage Breakfast sausage.
  • #4 by ofelles on 11 Oct 2020
  • me wants some please!
  • #5 by WiPelletHead on 11 Oct 2020
  • How did you make the biscuits? They look great.
  • #6 by cookingjnj on 11 Oct 2020
  • Man, a couple dashes of hot sauce and bam!  Love it.
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 11 Oct 2020
  • Yes on the hot sauce.

I have not had that in a long time either. Was never a fan of biscuits but would eat it over toast or toasted english muffins, and occasionally waffles growing up. Odd how some of the simple things we ate growing up we rarely think to make anymore.

Biscuits have always seemed dry to me unless drenched in butter. If you have a good recipe I would give it a shot some time.
  • #8 by Bentley on 11 Oct 2020
  • Buy this and a 1/2 gal of buttermilk at Walmart.  Foolproof, I gave up trying to Master Biscuits, these are 10 times better then anything I have ever made.

How did you make the biscuits? They look great.

If you have a good recipe I would give it a shot some time.

• #9 by smokin soon on 12 Oct 2020
  • It is a good mix. Been out of stock here for quite a while.
  • #10 by yorkdude on 12 Oct 2020
  • We have used it many times, I think sometime back I mentioned it but can’t remember if we did or not.
    They are great.
  • #11 by BigDave83 on 12 Oct 2020
  • Thank you for the  secret recipe. I go to walmart 1 time a year if I am lucky. But her sister seems to go there every day so I can send her the picture and have her pick it up.
  • #12 by MustangBob on 14 Oct 2020
  • Buy this and a 1/2 gal of buttermilk at Walmart.  Foolproof, I gave up trying to Master Biscuits, these are 10 times better then anything I have ever made.

These look good ... Is this the way you make your biscuits, Bentley?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di05_EKoW6I
  • #13 by Bentley on 14 Oct 2020
  • That is it.  She makes her batter a lot drier then I do, and I was always taught you dont grease a pan for biscuits.  But I make have to grease the next batch just to see.  I think it is the little chunks of "golden shortening flakes" that does it!
  • #14 by 02ebz06 on 14 Oct 2020
  • Biscuits and sausage gravy. My favorite breakfast dish.
  • #15 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Oct 2020
  • My wife loves biscuits and chocolate gravy
Pages:
Actions