Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 12 Oct 2020
  • I made another special dinner for the my lovely wife.  It was roasted duck rubbed with salt, pepper and sweet paprika, cooked over a bed of red oranges and apple juice, and finished with a hoisin glaze, served with slow roasted small potatoes cooked in duck fat with broccoli for the vegetable.  It was accompanied by  a 2016 bottle of "The Stick" from the Candlestick Ridge Vineyard of Howell Mountain Napa Valley.
  • #2 by hughver on 12 Oct 2020
  • Very impressive, was the duck as good as it looks?
  • #3 by urnmor on 12 Oct 2020
  • Very impressive, was the duck as good as it looks?

Yes it was
  • #4 by Kristin Meredith on 12 Oct 2020
  •  :clap: :clap: :clap:
  • #5 by yorkdude on 12 Oct 2020
  • You are extremely talented.
  • #6 by Bentley on 12 Oct 2020
  • No red color?
  • #7 by NorCal Smoker on 13 Oct 2020
  • One of my favorites. Looks great! 
  • #8 by Osborn Cox on 13 Oct 2020
  • Looks great, was just thinking today about possibly making duck for thanksgiving.
  • #9 by urnmor on 13 Oct 2020
  • Looks great, was just thinking today about possibly making duck for thanksgiving.

I enjoy Duck. However I am not sure I would cook it for Thanksgiving .  As it has been my experience that one duck only comfortably serves two adults. 
  • #10 by Osborn Cox on 14 Oct 2020
  • That’s why I thought this would be a good year to do it, with the whole Covid thing, we will not be gathering with a large group, probably only be 6 of us, so would be do-able.
  • #11 by urnmor on 14 Oct 2020
  • That’s why I thought this would be a good year to do it, with the whole Covid thing, we will not be gathering with a large group, probably only be 6 of us, so would be do-able.

I agree it would be absolutely do able
Pages:
Actions