Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by 02ebz06 on 16 Oct 2020
  • I don't do hot dogs, but that concoction looks delicious. Did you pre cook the bacon, it looks to be crisp.

You could probably throw a bratwurst in there instead.
  • #17 by Kristin Meredith on 16 Oct 2020
  • I don't do hot dogs, but that concoction looks delicious. Did you pre cook the bacon, it looks to be crisp.

I did not pre-cook, just put on the griddle on low for a period of 5 minutes, then turned, repeat, turned, repeat, etc until the crispness I wanted.  That was also how they did it on the tv show. Used really cheap bacon to get the thin stuff!!  :pig: Also, I used all beef hot dogs.
  • #18 by Bentley on 16 Oct 2020
  • I would believe the flat top griddle would truly shine on this dish!
  • #19 by yorkdude on 16 Oct 2020
  • I have to ask, is that the chili’s that you roasted?
    We used to eat them in Arizona and loved them. So we grabbed these last night shopping and going to try this if we can find the peppers.
  • #20 by Bentley on 16 Oct 2020
  • Yes.

I have to ask, is that the chili’s that you roasted?

• #21 by yorkdude on 19 Oct 2020
  • So I have 4 poblanos, not sure if that is what you used. We are going to try them tonight on the little black stone. On the peppers, assuming that they will work, did you roast them over the gas range? Just hold them with tongs? I am not a pepper person so I am in uncharted waters.
  • #22 by 02ebz06 on 19 Oct 2020
  • You can roast them over a gas range as in picture, using tongs to turn them.
    If you have a grill with a rotisserie basket, you could roast them that way too.
    Roast until skins are black and can be pealed off.
  • #23 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Oct 2020
  • pABLANOS WILL WORK.  i THINK ANY HOT DOG SIZE GREEN CHILI THAT IS ROASTED WOULD WORK.(sorry for the caps not redpoing!)
  • #24 by Bentley on 19 Oct 2020
  • Kristin used Anaheim's, but any type will work, I guess depending on size.  If a dog will fit in a pablano I think it will have great flavor, they are great for relleno, why not this?   The Anaheim was a good size for the length of the dog.  I just put that cooking rack over the gas range and turned when they got charred.  I think your flat top is really going to do a job on the cooking portion of the cook!
  • #25 by yorkdude on 19 Oct 2020
  • I hope you can see the size compared to the hot dogs (which by the way are fantastic). I am going to try roasting them over a mild flame and use tongs, then what? I presume you then gut them and proceed as you have earlier described?
  • #26 by 02ebz06 on 19 Oct 2020
  • My way is to cut head off,  and then scrape skin off (back side of a butter knife works pretty good).
    You can then split down one side and scrape seeds/membrane out.
  • #27 by yorkdude on 19 Oct 2020
  • Holy smokes, I hope they taste better than they smell. I try my hardest to like peppers but this isn’t looking very promising.
  • #28 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Oct 2020
  • After you roasted did you put in a bag for about 30 minutes to sweat and soften?  Looks like you got the inside cleaned out well.
  • #29 by yorkdude on 19 Oct 2020
  • After you roasted did you put in a bag for about 30 minutes to sweat and soften?  Looks like you got the inside cleaned out well.
    No I didn’t, dang. They are quite soft, pliable is accurate.
    I am going to use our bacon which isn’t thin like cheap stuff but not 1/4” either, should I kind of pre fry it? I also am using standard Wonder bread hot dog buns, any other tips?
  • #30 by Bentley on 19 Oct 2020
  • Get the bacon as tight as you can.  With the flat top I see no need to pre cook, just cook until it is done enough for you.  As strange as it sounds, try the mayo on at least one.
Pages:
Actions