Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by David on 14 Oct 2020
  • When you folks grind brisket for burger do you run it through your grinder once or twice
  • #2 by Bentley on 14 Oct 2020
  • I do it only once, but that is only because I do not have a grinder that I can pass it through a 2nd time.  If I had a LEM big bite type of grinder I would grind lager die 1st grind, then small die for 2nd grind!
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 14 Oct 2020
  • I do it twice.
    One, grind up the chunks
    Two, mix in any seasoning you want in the ground meat.
    Three, grind again to help distribute seasoning and fat.
  • #4 by cookingjnj on 14 Oct 2020
  • I have only ground chuck, and when I do it goes through twice.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 14 Oct 2020
  • I do it only once, but that is only because I do not have a grinder that I can pass it through a 2nd time.  If I had a LEM big bite type of grinder I would grind lager die 1st grind, then small die for 2nd grind!

I have a grinder head that grinds twice within the same head on the LEM, but have yet to use it.  Seems like it sure would be easier.

https://www.lemproducts.com/product/big-bite-dual-grind-attachment/dual-grind
  • #6 by Free Mr. Tony on 14 Oct 2020
  • I do all my grinding once on the fine plate. I've had some strange textures sometimes when grinding brisket only. The fat is stickier than other types of beef sometimes, and other times I've had it where it doesn't stick together well if you are trying to make patties from it.

I prefer ground brisket when mixed with other cuts.
Pages:
Actions