Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Serving Brisket cold  (Read 745 times)

DE

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
Serving Brisket cold
« on: September 27, 2017, 05:12:43 PM »

Any one with any tip on serving a large amount of Brisket. Going to be serving 2 points and 1 flat chopped and 3 points and 4 flats sliced. This is a freebie not a paid catering job. 

Thanks for any ideas or input.
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Serving Brisket cold
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 06:44:44 PM »

You want to serve the meat cold?
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

DE

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 06:51:07 PM »

Yes sir, it will be served cold. I've always, the one time I did this before was able to serve warm so I'm out of my element here.
Doug//PG1000  SI4D   EXPEDITION GRIDDLE  FIREBOARD  THERMOPEN   BLACKSTONE 22  A BRISKITARIAN!

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 06:55:10 PM »

Ya got me. I mean a cold sliced (maybe even chopped) brisket sandwich with a creamy horseradish sauce is a no brainer, but after that I am at a loss.  I am not sure how a lightly sauced cool BBQ Beef sandwich would go over...Good luck!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

DE

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 07:08:25 PM »

I guess I should define "cold" I don't mean serving refrigerator cold as in 35 even 40. Due to time restraint and other duties at the event, I will have to slice and chop the night before or super early the day of. I want to keep it on ice or in refrigerator until shortly before serving time. I am concerned about food safety otherwise. The Chopped if necessary I can put in a stereo pan but the sliced. So excuse my lack of words here but the cold I refer to will be more like room temp if I could say it like that. I plan on heating the sauce and really don't even need chopped and could go with all sliced. Does any of this make sense?  BTW Bentley, I think it is an awesome thing you have done here getting Pellet Fan up and running. AWESOMENESS is a better description!

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:40:14 PM »

I am not sure if you have decided that it has to be sandwiches or you are asking for other things that can incorporate a cooler version of chopped brisket.  If so, I can think of tosados and taco salad.

DE

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 08:08:09 AM »

Well, guess Ive changed the Smoking Plan and times and serve sliced only. Will miss some activities of the event, but will hold all in Cambro, prepare my stereo and start slicing just enough ahead of time to get a slight head start on serving line and hopefully maintain movement. Could slice ahead of time but we all know how fast "hunks of Goodness" can dry out after sliced. Others are doing the side items so all I have to worry about is the Brisket. Now I feel more comfortable. Tom Landry never call the same play while driving down the field so if he wasn't afraid to change his plan, why should I. Thanks Bentley and Kristin for you input.

Queball

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »

The Cambro sounds like the right idea. As an army commissary cook we used the equivalent (mermite? canisters) to get hot food out to the troops in the field. I would think sliced brisket in a heated sauce or Au Jus would work very well since any steam created shouldn't hurt it. Our only problems with the cambros were with breaded things like fried chicken or breaded veal cutlets, since the coatings would get soggy from the steam. I'd think the beef slices would work great and hot would be better than room temp to me. ..... Good luck! That sounds like one bodacious cook!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 08:21:46 AM by Queball »

DE

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2017, 11:04:08 PM »

Well, I did change my plans 100%. Since I brought the smoking event up I thought i would post picks anyway, even though not done my preferred way.
Here they are prepped. All Five.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
And here are three of them after done, missed pictures on 2. Good eye candy anyway.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
They were triple wrapped and into Cambro. Sliced 30 minutes before serving line started and kept up with the flow. Served hot.
No more freebies for a while, but I sure enjoyed the wedding as well as guests.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:10:59 PM by DE »

Quadman750

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • North of the border
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2017, 05:52:55 AM »

Good job they look great. Brisket for a wedding is too risky for me ( hats off to you) brisket can be a tough one to get right, but you did :lick:
Memphis Elite Memphis Pro Vision Kamodo Weber Performer Deluxe

Kristin Meredith

• Administrator
  • You are starting to smell like smoke.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 08:06:09 AM »

Looks good and I am sure the bride and groom appreciated all the effort you went to!

Queball

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2017, 09:02:21 AM »

Looks great! .... But for a wedding? .... Oh! My. ..... Talk about Captain Courageous.
Pages: [1]   Go Up