Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by NorCal Smoker on 20 Oct 2020
  • That side chamber and front shelf were expensive upgrades, but I am glad that I have them.

Thanks for this and the post above about jerky. I was going to ask about the front shelf next, but you answered my question.  Thanks and the cheese looks great! 
  • #17 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Oct 2020
  • The side chamber is usually 60°-100°+ degrees lower temp than the main chamber so it would be hard to make jerky in both parts of it.  You could make jerky in that side chamber, but you would have to crank up the grill to a temp that gets your side chamber to somewhere in the 140°-180° range.  You could also use the side chamber for hanging sausage, meat sticks, etc.  There are 3 channels in the top to slide hooks to hang or buy other hooks and put their hanger portion in the channel or hang off of the three hooks provided.  If you can afford it, go ahead and get it.  It also works as a great warming box to keep food warm if you are still cooking something in the main chamber.

The shelf is especially nice to have if you have the side chamber.  If you don't have the side chamber.  I don't think you necessarily need the front shelf because in effect you have two side shelves to place food on while loading or unloading the grill.
  • #18 by NorCal Smoker on 20 Oct 2020
  • Great info. Thanks!  Still trying to figure out what I really need/want. They aren’t always the same   ;D
  • #19 by reubenray on 23 Oct 2020
  • We have gone through our supply of smoked cheese and my wife wants me to do more, but the temperatures down here are not cool enough yet.  Our Yorkie even likes the smoked cheese better than non-smoked cheese.
Pages:
Actions