Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 18 Oct 2020
  • Went over to our neighbors Old House Winery this afternoon for their 18th Annual Chili Cook-off.  After turn ins at about 2 pm, the teams passed out small samples of their chili to the public for a donation. This year's charity was the Alzheimer Foundation, so happy to go and give money for a taste.

It was a perfect, beautiful, sunny day -- blue sky, .green grass, temp was neither too hot or too cold.  Old House has beautiful, spacious grounds and they had tables set up all over the property so folks could picnic and enjoy their wines and beers and purchase spirits.  We easily counted 400 cars there today, so happy for such a successful day for a neighbor and a chance for folks to enjoy being out in a safe environment.  Photos are only of the area around the pond where the cook-off was being held -- lots of other areas all over the property where folks were picnicking and relaxing. No pellets involved but wanted to share a pretty day with everyone.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by yorkdude on 19 Oct 2020
  • Looks like a beautiful day. Great event for a very worthwhile cause.
  • #3 by Trooper on 19 Oct 2020
  • Looks like a great time.
    Did you turn in?
  • #4 by BigDave83 on 19 Oct 2020
  • Looks like a great event.

We discovered something that we don't see in our area a few weeks ago. There is a small BBQ place about 1.5 hour drive away that we both like, the food is very good the owners are nice people. Anyways the Vol. Fire Companies up that direction do Food Truck Festivals. I wish they did them closer to us than 1.5 hour drive but on a nice day it is a great way to spend some time, support some small business and a fire company, and eat a variety of good food.
  • #5 by Kristin Meredith on 19 Oct 2020
  • Did not compete Troop.  We did one time a few years back and I think we came in last, or maybe next to last!  I don't think we understand the flavor profiles they are looking for.  Probably like bbq comps, need to get on the circuit to get to know what judges are looking for.
Pages:
Actions