Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 20 Oct 2020
  • Made some Hoagie Rolls and Sour Dough Bread.
    Had to try out the hoagie for lunch.
    Ham and Cheese wit a little slaw.
  • #2 by Bentley on 20 Oct 2020
  • They look like a prefect fit for a deli meat sub sandwich!  Do you keep a mother starter around?
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 20 Oct 2020
  • They look like a prefect fit for a deli meat sub sandwich!  Do you keep a mother starter around?

The hoagie recipe doesn't use the starter.

Yes we do keep the starter around, it is from the 1847 Oregon Trail starter. Volunteers have kept it going since then.
    Still perfecting my bread technique (again). Hadn't made bread for a few years and just getting back into it.
    Bread didn't rise as much as I would have liked.
    But as you can see from the picture, that didn't stop up us from immediately eating almost a half a loaf of the warm bread.  ;D

• #4 by BigDave83 on 20 Oct 2020
  • I don't eat much bread any more but I would be trying one of those rolls, a nice hot sausage with some grilled peppers and onions, and a bit of mozzarella cheese.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 20 Oct 2020
  • I don't eat much bread any more but I would be trying one of those rolls, a nice hot sausage with some grilled peppers and onions, and a bit of mozzarella cheese.

Eating a whole one would be a challenge, for me anyway. Those are foot long.
    But, thanks for the idea, just happen to have some Italian sausage in the freezer, and peppers and onions are always around.
    We always have mozzarella around too, but I think I'd go with provolone.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 20 Oct 2020

Eating a whole one would be a challenge, for me anyway. Those are foot long.
    But, thanks for the idea, just happen to have some Italian sausage in the freezer, and peppers and onions are always around.
    We always have mozzarella around too, but I think I'd go with provolone.

I throw some red sauce on them too.  A meatball sub, cheese steak, Italian hoagie, or Italian sausage sandwich would all be good in those rolls.
Pages:
Actions