Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by Brushpopper on 24 Oct 2020
  • We ate at Gaido's in Galveston about four or five years ago and it was probably the best fresh seafood I've ever eaten.  There weren't prices on the menu if I remember correctly because they go off of current market price for seafood.  It's right by the beach, if you like that sort of thing.  There's also La King's candy store downtown if you have a sweet tooth.  It's like going back in time in there.  They have all kinds of goodies.

The Fisherman's Inn in Port Isabel used to be good, but I haven't eaten there in probably 30 years.  Port Isabel is on the mainland across the causeway from South Padre.
  • #17 by Bentley on 24 Oct 2020
  • Thanks.
  • #18 by Bentley on 29 Oct 2020
  • Dinner last night...

• #19 by WiPelletHead on 29 Oct 2020
  • Was it as good as it looks?

Makes me hungry looking at it.  :lick: :lick:
  • #20 by Bentley on 29 Oct 2020
  • It was good. The top sausage was no good, other 3 pretty good.  Sides good also.
  • #21 by Bentley on 29 Oct 2020
  • Lunch...if I had to do over, no onion ring, 2nd dog. 

• #22 by Free Mr. Tony on 30 Oct 2020
  • So, thumbs up on the dog?  It's a great sauce, and top notch dog in my book.

You spending the whole weekend in Grand Haven? Try to make it to the morning star cafe. It's worth it.
  • #23 by yorkdude on 31 Oct 2020
  • Oh mercy, that hot dog looks good.
  • #24 by Bentley on 31 Oct 2020
  • Just got home.  The dogs at T Packo's were very good, would recommend them to anyone.  Do not waste your time on Onion Rings that come out of a bag, go into a fryer and cost $9!  Would much rather of had 3 dogs and no onion rings!  It is the best "snap" to a dog I have ever had!
  • #25 by Free Mr. Tony on 31 Oct 2020
  • Just got home.  The dogs at T Packo's were very good, would recommend them to anyone.  Do not waste your time on Onion Rings that come out of a bag, go into a fryer and cost $9!  Would much rather of had 3 dogs and no onion rings!  It is the best "snap" to a dog I have ever had!

Glad to hear. Pretty much identical to my take on the dogs. Let me know if you want some shipped to you. Not all the time, but often, I can get them here. I'd be happy to send some your way.
  • #26 by Bentley on 31 Oct 2020
  • You mean like packages of just the links?
  • #27 by Free Mr. Tony on 31 Oct 2020
  • You mean like packages of just the links?

Yes. It's been awhile since I've checked but a local meat market used to carry them on a semi regular basis.
  • #28 by Bentley on 31 Oct 2020
  • Might have to take you up on that for the upcoming Super Bowl!
Pages:
Actions