Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by dk117 on 26 Oct 2020
  • As a gift we received two sauce/marinade packets.   Each was for two lbs of pork or chicken.   I think the brand was Hawaii's Favorite.   Shoyu (mostly sweet soy sauce) and Char Siu (pink like Asian BBQ pork).    So we gave it a go.   skinless, boneless, chicken thighs, cut up.   The packets said 30 minutes marinade, but also said the longer the better, we left on overnight.  Skewered, then roughly two hours at 225 on the pit.   Turned out to be a very easy and tasty meal.

DK

EDIT, note below it's Hawaiian Pride.  I found it on Amazon.
  • #2 by dk117 on 26 Oct 2020
  • I [ Invalid Attachment ]  [ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by urnmor on 26 Oct 2020
  • Fantastic looking did you serve with sesame seeds and green onions
  • #4 by pmillen on 26 Oct 2020
  • That looks wonderful.  I'd bring rice and an Asian salad.
  • #5 by ofelles on 26 Oct 2020
  • I really like Char Su pork.  Did not know you could do chicken.  Learn something new everyday.  Thanks
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Oct 2020
  • That looks very appealing!
  • #7 by pmillen on 26 Oct 2020
  • I can't locate a place to buy Hawaii's Favorite marinade on the Internet.  Can you help?
  • #8 by dk117 on 26 Oct 2020
  • I can't locate a place to buy Hawaii's Favorite marinade on the Internet.  Can you help?
    Thank you sir!  I spent about an hour looking for this yesterday and gave up, my mother gave the gift and she couldn't remember either.   Your post prompted me to give it one last try.  It's Hawaiian Pride!     Thank you, now I'll have to order some.   It's so easy and yes served over rice for the carb inclined (all in the fam but me) and just ranch and veggies for me. 

Hawaiian Pride Foods Char Siu Seasoning Sauce Chinese Flavor

Amazon has it for $8.06 ( more than the two lbs of chicken thighs, but still a modest expense for a meal)
  • #9 by yorkdude on 26 Oct 2020
  • That looks fantastic. The big to your door store store, going to look but thought I would ask.
    Found this, thanks very much for the tip.
  • #10 by W6YJ on 26 Oct 2020
  • You might want to Google it as I found it for $0.99 each.
    Under $15 for five with delivery.
  • #11 by dk117 on 26 Oct 2020
  • You might want to Google it as I found it for $0.99 each.
    Under $15 for five with delivery.
    great find, I see where you're referencing.  I'd suggest caution on the default shipping though, mine was $79.  I modified and it penciled out much better than Amazon.

Thanks. 
  • #12 by yorkdude on 26 Oct 2020
  • I can find char siu but not shoyu am I missing something?
  • #13 by SmokinHandyman on 26 Oct 2020
  • I would like some of the pork please
  • #14 by cookingjnj on 26 Oct 2020
  • That looks awesome dk.  Yummy.  I made Char Siu spare ribs a while back.  Made the sauce myself, but this Hawaiian Pride has me thinking that is the way to go instead.  Thanks for sharing.
  • #15 by W6YJ on 26 Oct 2020
  • I can find char siu but not shoyu am I missing something?

Yorkdude,

The same site that I was referring to for Char Siu at $0.99 also has the Shoyu for $1.49. For some reason, they don't seem to have a site search available.

If you Google:

Hawaiian Pride Shoyu

Their site (Only From Hawaii) will pop up.

Their site name is a bit misleading as they are in Las Vegas.

Pages:
Actions