Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by urnmor on 26 Oct 2020
  • Made a Boston Butt on the 2 Star. It went on at midnight last night and came off at 1PM today, it rested for four hours wrapped in foil  until dinner.  A homemade lime cheesecake was dessert.

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Oct 2020
  • pork looks good...how did you cook it
  • #3 by urnmor on 27 Oct 2020
  • pork looks good...how did you cook it

On the 2Star at 240 until it reached 198 Then pulled and wrapped it to let it rest for 3 plus hours until I was ready to pull and serve
  • #4 by Canadian John on 27 Oct 2020

•  PLEASE don't do this. I salivate and get hunger pains when I see such a beautiful display.  Great post urnmor!
  • #5 by dk117 on 27 Oct 2020
  • great looking bark!   Did you not wrap during the cook?  Rub or molasses? 
  • #6 by urnmor on 27 Oct 2020
  • great looking bark!   Did you not wrap during the cook?  Rub or molasses?

I do not wrap when cooking Butts or briskets only my ribs.  I have found at least IMO that wrapping whether it be brisket or butts keeps the rub too moist.  I will spray the brisket during the cook but not the butt.  I do add a little apple juice to a bottom of an aluminum pan which I cook them over (fat drips in the pan and makes it easier to clean).  I have found the fat in the butt keeps its from drying out and very moist during the cook.
  • #7 by cookingjnj on 28 Oct 2020
  • Great looking cook urnmor.  Love the idea of the lime cheesecake as well.  Glad I opened PF up after lunch today.  Hahaha.
Pages:
Actions