Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by 02ebz06 on 28 Oct 2020
  • Had a cord of firewood delivered and had to move if from front of house to side near back.
    Glad it's done...
  • #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 28 Oct 2020
  • Is that snow in the pic?
  • #3 by lil moose on 29 Oct 2020
  • Wood looks good.       

When me and my better half were married we lived in a house where we burned wood for 90% of our heat.  Living on a farm (and still do) we went through about 10 to 12 cords a year between the 4 houses. We would cut wood load up a F850 dump style truck take it to and old barn and drop it.  we would split & stack the year before in an old barn and pull from that one after the other barn was out.

I miss those days to a point, getting up before dawn and cut wood and get out before the sun got high in the sky and warmed the ground to the point where we would get stuck if we stayed to long  LOL  and we did get stuck from time to time but great days to remember

Wish I could burn wood again so i'm jealous of you. :clap:    Wife can't stand it in the house anymore but I love it   
  • #4 by pmillen on 29 Oct 2020
  • The wood available around here is cut from dead trees.  Those trees died from something.  I worry about bringing a disease or insects home to the trees in my yard.

Omaha restaurants are required to purchase certified heat treated firewood for their wood burning ovens and decorative fireplaces.  The certification requires something like 150º F for 60 minutes (I can't recall exactly).  It's considered effective on all pests.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 29 Oct 2020
  • Is that snow in the pic?

Yup, got 6-8 inches dumped on us a few days ago.
    Doesn't happen often thankfully.

Pages:
Actions