Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Blaz'n Grills

Accessory for GridIron

(1/2) > >>

02ebz06:
This is something I had made and posted on old PelletHeads forum.
Was liked and made by several people there so though I'd post it here.
Basically it is a funnel to make loading pellets easier.
I keep pellets in the Buddeez Kingsford Kaddy containers to keep them dry, and filling could be a bit difficult with their wide mouth.
The bottom of the funnel can also be used as a fill gauge. When pellets get to there, stop filling.
Bentley made a comment that it could even be use as a hopper extender.

I was going to post the link in the waybackmachine to my post, but photo wasn't there.

I suspect it would work for thr GrandSlam as well, you would need to check dimensions first.

I had made some mods as well, and will see if I can find any pictures of them.

02ebz06:

--- Quote from: Bentley on November 02, 2020, 12:58:42 PM ---Now this is a pinable thread!

--- End quote ---

;D

Found the pictures of some other mods I did.
Have not seen a way to put text between pictures, so here is description, in order, of the pictures.

01 & 02)  Added more weight to the counterweight.
           When open, lid was barely past the equilibrium point.
           Was always worried a wind gust would blow it closed on me.
           Made it easier to open as well.

03) Downdraft hood - Everyone has seen this before.

04) Had problems with auger fires, auger jams.
     Used a hitch pin to replace the screw which was a bugger to get out when sheared off.

05 & 06) New grates.  Ordered with the roller grates (seemed like a good idea at the time), but over time they sagged and made the roller aspect useless.
         Made the jig and had welder make 3 grates out of SS rod.

07) Larger probe hole. Original could barely get one angled probe through, much less 2 or 3.

08) New drip tray out of heavier material to minimize warping.

09) New Handle. Was easier to open/close especially if you had someone opening it.

10 & 11) New heavy Heat deflector.  Right over burn pot was always hotter than rest.

12) Thermometer tray.  Place to set the Remote Thermometers.

13) Plates for inside bottom of grill to prevent the exterior bottom paint from blistering (at least minimize it).

okie smokie:
When I owned my Blaz'n GS I also built a square heat deflector (10 and 11). only I used 3/16 304 SS. I agree it helped and also kept the flame from angling down onto the bottom (caused by domed deflector). Also on 13. I used artificial heat insulator pads instead of metal. That deflected the heat from the bottom and pads did not absorb the heat. Easy to remove when vacuuming. I also had a Godke smoke deflector, but did not think it offered much improvement. Like the rest of your mods! You do good work!. You now have a super pit.

Canadian John:

That's an excellent post! I just love that sort of  info.

okie smokie:
Here is my heat deflector (which I still have).  I'll ship it to anyone who wants to add it to their Blaz'n pit. Just pay the cost to ship.  If you add it , you should plug the two holes in where the original deflector fits on the Blaz'n so you don't loose air flow to the fire pot. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View