Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Enchiladas - We're going to need a bigger boat  (Read 733 times)

Brushpopper

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • "The road goes on forever...
Re: Enchiladas - We're going to need a bigger boat
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2020, 09:43:08 AM »

That's the name of it.  I couldn't think of it.  Thanks Lew!!
And the party never ends!!" by Robert Earl Keen; I had these:
 Pitts and Spitts Maverick 850, 22" Blackstone, Broil King Keg 4000

Mikro

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »

Kristin,

I am definitely a fan of corn tortillas. I have been thinking of trying to make enchiladas from scratch with homemade corn tortillas. The problem is that the homemade tortillas will be more difficult to roll since they are usually thicker.  >snip<
Hank,
My wife makes homemade enchiladas all of the time. The key to the corn tortillas and rolling them is to put a small amount of oil in a frying pan and warm it up, then place the tortilla in the pan and heat the tortilla until pliable.  It takes a little skill to get it correct but once you find the right settings you are golden. :)
MK
Firecraft Q450
RecTec 590/Stampede
HomeBrew Upright/Vertical Pellet smoker

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2020, 01:13:54 PM »

All I know is that the Enchirito should be brought back at Taco Bell!  And go back to the 5 item menu like when I worked there. Although we were introducing said Enchrito, Burrito Supreme, and the All Beef & Combo Burrito's.

You can also dip the tortilla in the warm sauce and it will make it more pliable, it is very messy to work with but who cares, but does not add calories and is really good!  Does not add calories, thats a good one coming from me!   I am a fan of black olives in enchilada's!  Sour cream, take it or leave it, would rather have guacamole!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2020, 01:23:32 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Darwin

• Phoenix, AZ
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2020, 06:34:14 PM »

Mushrooms are consumed in Mexico by Mexicans.

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2020, 10:10:15 AM »

Kristin,

I am definitely a fan of corn tortillas. I have been thinking of trying to make enchiladas from scratch with homemade corn tortillas. The problem is that the homemade tortillas will be more difficult to roll since they are usually thicker.  >snip<
Hank,
My wife makes homemade enchiladas all of the time. The key to the corn tortillas and rolling them is to put a small amount of oil in a frying pan and warm it up, then place the tortilla in the pan and heat the tortilla until pliable.  It takes a little skill to get it correct but once you find the right settings you are golden. :)
MK

I would not have thought of using oil when heating. I normally heat with a dry pan. I am definitely going to give it a try some day.

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2020, 11:55:39 AM »

I guess we cheat and put in a wet paper towel or even a clean dampish dish towel and nuke for a few seconds, I turn the power down, but the GF doesn't understand how to do that so she does full power. Take one out and keep the rest  under the towel.

yorkdude

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Lake Elbo-Manhattan Kansas
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2020, 02:44:37 PM »

Kristin,

Hank,
MK
That is how my wife makes them, light oil in a warm skillet then fill, wrap and stack. Black olives please and sour cream on top.

Hank D Thoreau

• Civil but disobedient
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »

I guess we cheat and put in a wet paper towel or even a clean dampish dish towel and nuke for a few seconds, I turn the power down, but the GF doesn't understand how to do that so she does full power. Take one out and keep the rest  under the towel.

I do it that way a lot. In fact, that is how I heated the tortillas for the enchiladas. It is a good way to do soft taco's as well. I have my Blue Rhino griddle that I make enchiladas on. I think the key is to go straight from the griddle to the pan; roll them while they are still hot.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up