Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Indoor grilling  (Read 1043 times)

MMike

• Starting to taste the Smoke.
  • Having fun!
Indoor grilling
« on: November 10, 2020, 03:13:01 PM »

Anyone have experience with a smokeless indoor grill?
Yoder 640s

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Indoor grilling
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 04:50:24 PM »

In my mind it is not possible.  You are referring to an actual cooking device like a pit or even an electric or gas unit right, not the pans they put wood chips in and set in the oven?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 04:52:16 PM by Bentley »
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

Bar-B-Lew

• Global Moderator
  • You don't Drink the Kool-aid anymore.
  • Schnecksville, PA
    • Bar-B-Lews Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 05:22:16 PM »

I think he is referring to a "George Foreman" type gadget that has been termed to be a smokeless grill.
MAK 2*, Memphis Elite, Traeger XL, Blaz'n Grand Slam, Pit Boss Copperhead 5, Weber Genesis II 435 SS, Sizzle Q SQ180

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2020, 05:41:55 PM »

Doh!
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

cookingjnj

• Thinkin about Renouncing Charcoal.
  • Branchburg, New Jersey
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2020, 06:36:32 PM »

I have not.  But we did get the George Foreman indoor grill for my son down at school a few years ago.  He uses it often and said it is pretty good.  He now also takes pics of the food he is making in school (yeah he is doing real well with this cooking thing), and most look real good.  The stuff coming off the GF looks pretty good.  He has not complained about smoke or anything else.  Sorry I dont have first hand experience, best I can do.

GREG-B

• Washougal WA
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2020, 07:52:07 PM »

We had a Jenn-Air grill seems like a hundred years ago now.  Had a downdraft vent right next to it.  Electric.  Taste was.....eh, nothing to write home about.  Had plug in modular units, cast iron grates, griddle, rotisserie.   It was a ##### to clean up afterwards, so it got way less use than it shoulda had.
If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy.

MMike

• Having fun!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2020, 08:52:54 PM »

That looks pretty cool.
Yoder 640s

BigDave83

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • South West PA
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2020, 08:47:50 AM »

That looks pretty cool.

I thought so also. but I have a small place and a lot of cooking stuff, 3 electric pressure cookers, a Nuwave oven, and air fryer, a Sous Vide supreme, a breville smart oven, numerous slow cookers, electric griddle, 2 electric skillets, a vitamix, and a few small smoothie type blenders, plus several things I know i am forgetting. I use most of it on a regular basis.

urnmor

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2020, 02:16:39 PM »

That looks pretty cool.

I thought so also. but I have a small place and a lot of cooking stuff, 3 electric pressure cookers, a Nuwave oven, and air fryer, a Sous Vide supreme, a breville smart oven, numerous slow cookers, electric griddle, 2 electric skillets, a vitamix, and a few small smoothie type blenders, plus several things I know i am forgetting. I use most of it on a regular basis.

IMO you can never have enough cooking stuff.  At least that is what I tell my wife.  Unfortunately I cannot print her responses to me as I considered them off color.  I mean she says to me OK but what are you going to get rid of.  I know I know I should not have printed that as this is a family forum but I just had to get it off my chest oh one more thing I took advantage of Bed Bath and Beyond 25% off Veterans Day coupon and bought a XL Ninja grill. Yes my wife was with me of course her comment was off color Imagine her saying “Where are you going to put it.  I said I know where I don’t have anything stored she asked where I said her walk in closet.  Guess what I am sleeping in the spare bedroom tonight
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:55:08 PM by Bentley »

MMike

• Having fun!
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2020, 06:47:02 PM »

Thanks all for your thoughts and stories! I bought the Hamilton Beach indoor grill with the window. It arrives tomorrow. I chose it because it has a cover and the parts go in the dishwasher.  Easy cleanup will lend itself to frequent use.The wifey likes the cover so I won't make a mess in her kitchen.Since it has a heated grill design the drippings drop through so it will be better than pan cooking.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 07:10:21 PM by MMike »
Yoder 640s

MMike

• Having fun!
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2020, 02:14:37 PM »

Today I cooked 4 chicken thighs. Plenty of spatter and excess fat run off. All contained well ...Lots of pepper per Franklin BBQ book. They turned out well..With 60 mph winds today, indoor kind of day!
Yoder 640s

BigDave83

• South West PA
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2020, 06:58:21 PM »

Today I cooked 4 chicken thighs. Plenty of spatter and excess fat run off. All contained well ...Lots of pepper per Franklin BBQ book. They turned out well..With 60 mph winds today, indoor kind of day!

reubenray

• Bella Vista, Arkansas
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2020, 08:29:27 PM »

I had planned on cooking two NY strip steaks on the Blackstone today, but it was too windy.  So I tried to do them in the house with a cast iron skillet instead.   I opened the window and turned on the vent, but it still set off the smoke alarms and filled the house with smoke.  The steaks turned out great, but my wife says never again.  This is the second time I tried to grill steaks inside.
Traeger Junior, Smokin Brothers PP36 and 17" Blackstone Griddle
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up