Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by MMike on 16 Nov 2020
  • I need the hinged lid with a viewing window closed most of the cook to keep the smoke and spatter contained.
  • #17 by ezgoin on 10 Jul 2021
  • I wasn't paying much attention when this posted, but I have one of the older models.  It was sold before they included the griddle.  I got it because the old house I've been renting had no exhaust fan.  It works fairly well, especially if you use the lid, but isn't nearly as nonstick as they make it out to be.
  • #18 by Chris__M on 10 Jul 2021
  • It is not along the lines of devices described so far, but I have a Ninja Foodi Multipurpose Cooker - the kind that is an electric pressure cooker, a slow cooker, a convection oven, an air fryer etc...

It is not BBQ, but in Air Fryer mode, I've found it does astounding burgers. Juicy and extremely savoury. I also used it to sear the last bit of sous vide brisket I had last week (that I intended to finish on my grill, but then kept slicing bits off of for cold sandwiches!). No smoke, of course, but otherwise it was pretty darned good. It also does a good job of reheating and crisping up pulled pork (in a foil container). As I cook and freeze a lot, in single portions, this is really useful for quick lunches.

Previous to the Foodi, I had an ordinary Ninja Air Fryer, but I like the fact that I only have one device taking up counter-space, and can do lots of different things. It even has a dehydrate setting, although I have not tried that yet.
Pages:
Actions