Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Ffvillager on 11 Nov 2020
  • Have been a pellet smoker since 2013 when I bought a GMGDB. Joined this forum way back before it was run by Bentley.
    About 2 months ago the GMG bit the dust and I began looking for a new one. Purchased a Camp Chef SG WIFI about 3 weeks ago from Home Depot. Put it together and my first cook was teriyaki salmon. Came out very good. Since then have done wings, the best I have ever done, burgers, spatchcock chicken twice, steak which was good but did not reverse sear and apple pie. Have been very pleased with the unit. Temp fluctuations +/- 10 degrees at all temps. Great smoke. Pellet consumption seems higher than with previous smoker. Customer service very good when I had questions about WiFi. Temp probes within a couple degrees of my igrill.
    So far so good.
  • #2 by pmillen on 12 Nov 2020
  • I'm pleased that you're happy with Camp Chef.

Post up some of your favorite recipes and pictures of the results.  Members here are always looking for new ideas.
  • #3 by Canadian John on 13 Nov 2020

•  Off to a good start I see.  Those experiences add to the enjoyment we enjoy resulting from our cooking.
  • #4 by yorkdude on 13 Nov 2020
  • Have to ask, what Forum? I was under the impression that this forum was started by both Bentley and Kristin.
    Are you referring to “pellet heads”?
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 13 Nov 2020
  • Have to ask, what Forum? I was under the impression that this forum was started by both Bentley and Kristin.

That would be my guess.
  • #6 by Kristin Meredith on 13 Nov 2020
  • Except that Bent was running Pelletheads.com from day one with Larry, way before 2013.  Maybe some other forum.
  • #7 by yorkdude on 13 Nov 2020
  • Except that Bent was running Pelletheads.com from day one with Larry, way before 2013.  Maybe some other forum.
    That’s what I thought as well.
  • #8 by Ffvillager on 15 Nov 2020
    Yes. But have not been posting for quite some time. But getting back to it.
Pages:
Actions