Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Free Mr. Tony on 13 Nov 2020
  • My wife and son have the virus (who knows maybe me too, but no symptoms).  They have very different symptoms.  My son can't taste much, but my wife can.  She has been sick for over a week, and has had some rough days.  Today, she requested that I make chicken and noodles.  I started a thread about these a few years ago, and have mentioned them from time to time on the site. 

In my neck of the woods this is Amish comfort food at its finest. 

Made some noodles

Sauteed some veggies in butter, then made a roux.  Potatoes simmering on the back burner, and some butter and milk on the grill.

Added the semi-dried noodles to the pot

The noodles further thicken the mixture as they absorb the liquid.  A ladle of mashed potatoes, followed by a ladle of chicken and noodles over the top. 

This meal takes me back to childhood every single time.  Can't beat it on a chilly night when you are under the weather. 

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Nov 2020
  • That looks great as usual for something that you post on here.  Personally, I would prefer whole boiled potatoes in the soup rather than mashed or none at all.  When we meet up one of these years, ask me about the mashed potato story and you will understand my aversion to them.
  • #3 by Kristin Meredith on 13 Nov 2020
  • So sorry about your wife and son, I will keep them in my prayers for a full recovery.  Your soup looks wonderful!
  • #4 by MustangBob on 13 Nov 2020
  • That looks like a really healthy & tasty meal!! Great job! Hope your family gets well soon.

Sorry to hear the coronavirus landed at your house.  I'm glad you don't have any symptoms, but you're right you may indeed have it and just be 'asymptomatic.'  There are several peer-reviewed research studies that show as many as 40% of cases are spread to others by asymptomatic carriers who have no idea they're contagious.
  • #5 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Nov 2020
  • Not to get too sidetracked on this great looking soup, but a buddy of mine had his two daughters get covid and he and his wife did not per the tests that they took.  But I would eat a pot of that soup (less potatoes) and maybe with a little chipotle hot sauce added.
  • #6 by pmillen on 13 Nov 2020
  • That's a hearty bowl of comfort food.  I'd have a large bowl and curl up and digest like a snake.
  • #7 by Bar-B-Lew on 13 Nov 2020
  • That's a hearty bowl of comfort food.  I'd have a large bowl and curl up and digest like a snake.

I might eat the whole pot and hybernate like a bear. ;D
  • #8 by Free Mr. Tony on 13 Nov 2020
  • Thanks for all the comments and well wishes. It's an odd dish that is extremely filling, yet begs for seconds. The homemade noodles are super easy, and make it a couple notches better than store bought.
  • #9 by Bentley on 13 Nov 2020
  • Hope everyone starts to feel better!  Good comfort food helps to make that happen!
  • #10 by BigDave83 on 13 Nov 2020
  • That soup looks great, I love the spoons or spatulas or what ever they are.

Good wishes for you and the family on getting better quickly.

half of the staff at the home health office my GF works for have it.
  • #11 by Trooper on 15 Nov 2020
  • Bring it on Mr. Tony.

LOVE COMFORT FOOD!
  • #12 by Free Mr. Tony on 16 Nov 2020
  • Thanks Trooper. Nice to hear from you.
Pages:
Actions