Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Nov 2020
  • My wife found a recipe somewhere that she made a few times that is basically ground hamburger, melted cheese (usually shredded cheddar or velveeta), macaroni, and I think some ketchup or bbq sauce.  When she is out of town, I make a big batch and portion into containers to freeze and reheat for simple meals for me.

The other night I fried of hamburger with some onions.  I used the remainder of that in this dish.  I also used some sliced up hatch chili peppers that a kind pellet fan member sent to me a while back.  For cheese, I had some smoked habanero cheddar and some smoked bacon jalapeno cheddar.  I mixed in some remnants of Chicago bbq sauce, a chipotle taco sauce, hot pepper relish.  Later as I thought it needed a little more liquid I throw in a jar of salsa and about half a bottle of ketchup.  I probably had a little over a pound of pasta which was remnants of some elbow macaroni and some medium shells.  I was cleaning out the fridge and pantry to throw in anything I could finish up.  Unlike my wife following a recipe, I just kinda made mine up on along the way with what I thought were similar ingredients to her recipe but more to my spicy tastebuds.  My nose was running after the first plate.  The finished pot was one of two that all of the ingredients ended up making.  I'm guessing I should get 8-10 meals from it.

This may be interesting to put into a casserole and onto the smoker with cheese on top.  May try that in the spring.

• #2 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Nov 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by 02ebz06 on 15 Nov 2020
  • Looks tasty.   :clap:

Several years back we ate at a Famous Dave's BBQ restaurant in the Portland, OR area when visiting my son.
    Brought a few bottles of the BBQ Sauce back with up.
    Tasty stuff..
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 15 Nov 2020
  • Famous Dave's has a few good sauces.  The South Side one is only available at Menard's in the Chicagoland area, and I am not even sure if that is still the case.  It is like a BBQ sauce with hot sauce mixed in with it to thin it.
  • #5 by Bentley on 15 Nov 2020
  • It looks great!  I used to do something like it on a smaller scale, pretty much the GB with taco seasoning and the mac n cheese!  Called it Western Mac!  Good old rib sticking food!
Pages:
Actions