Member Reviews > Reviews of Accessories, Gadgets and Tools

Masterbuilt 7 in 1 0utdoor 20Qt Air Fryer

<< < (2/4) > >>

urnmor:

--- Quote from: Bentley on November 16, 2020, 01:11:09 PM ---I always need to see stuff like this to have any idea of whats going on.  Is this it?  If so, as my friends on Smoke, Fire & Food would say...Nice bit of Kit!

This cannot be used as an oil fryer can it?

--- End quote ---

Yes that is it and I do not believe it can be used as an oil fryer.

urnmor:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on November 16, 2020, 01:49:39 PM ---When you get it, let me know what the lowest temp setting is for dehydrating and the temp setting range for dehydrating?

--- End quote ---

I will let you know

urnmor:

--- Quote from: hughver on November 16, 2020, 03:09:00 PM ---I came across a 6 qt. unit that had a temperature range of 90-400°, I wonder if it can be used like sous vide with air replacing water? i.e., cook a steak at constant 125° and sear afterward.  ???

--- End quote ---

Interesting question, however, I do not know the answer. 

Bentley:
I guess the big difference would be that the sous vide is under vacuum, so you are not worried about exposer to air at the low temperatures. If you are vacuum sealing in the air cook also, I am not smart enough to know if 125° air cooks with the same principles as 125° water.  Does the air pressure and water pressure act differently with heat.  Very interesting premise!

hughver:

--- Quote from: Bentley on November 16, 2020, 05:12:40 PM ---Does the air pressure and water pressure act differently with heat.

--- End quote ---

I think that the big difference would be thermal conductivity and density. Water's thermal conductivity is higher than air's (0.6 vs 0.025 W/(m·K), meaning that the meat would cook much faster with circulating water vs. air.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View