Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Firecraft

Buttons starting to fail

<< < (5/5)

MN-Smoker:

--- Quote from: snooper800 on December 06, 2020, 04:03:46 PM ---The buttons on my control panel are beginning to fail.  I have to "roll" my finger across the power button to get a connection.  If I unplug the unit, I get an odd code (01 01) when I plug it back in.  It then clears itself and I can start the unit, but it defaults to a temp setting of 450.

Been a great smoker up to now, but I'd replace it before I would start trying to find a controller, etc.

serial # 00070 so if it dies I feel I've gotten my money's worth.

--- End quote ---

Yeh, it's definitely a big question of whether to throw good money after bad.

The condition of mine is still sound and I purchased in 2017, so I didn't have the heart to toss it without trying.
I replaced the igniter last year which gave me some familiarity with it to do some DIY work on it.

So far my gamble is paying off, but messing with electrical components and throwing money at it with no company left standing to support your efforts is risky.
Far easier decision to move on if you have something else in mind to go to as well.

gpshemi:
I've wondered if a GMG Daniel Boone controller would work. They're great for parts. Cheap and they'll sell darn near anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View