Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Firecraft

Buttons starting to fail

<< < (2/5) > >>

smokin soon:
Wouldn't it easier to revert to a non-pid controller like the Ortech? Takes away the programming issues.

Bentley:
I thought there were a few members on here that used a rec tec or a Blaz'n controller to swap out?

W6YJ:
A pretty much drop-in controller would be the Louisiana Grills Digital Control Center.

The only caution would be you would need to look at the C settings on the Firecraft controller and then change them on the new controller to match.

jgrayson:

--- Quote from: Bentley on November 18, 2020, 11:32:15 AM ---I thought there were a few members on here that used a rec tec or a Blaz'n controller to swap out?

--- End quote ---

I have a RecTec WiFi controller in mine.  It worked great for a couple of years, but then I started to have temperature control problems.  Even when set to Low, the temperature would race out of control and be well over 300.  The controller reading that temperature and confirmed with a remote temperature probe.  I tried adjusting the feed rate setting, and another setting (maybe a delay) on the controller but it didn't help.  This problem seemed to go away with the summer weather.  In the end, I decided to stop throwing time and money at a problem that might never have a full resolution.

MN-Smoker:

--- Quote from: W6YJ on November 18, 2020, 01:28:17 PM ---A pretty much drop-in controller would be the Louisiana Grills Digital Control Center.

The only caution would be you would need to look at the C settings on the Firecraft controller and then change them on the new controller to match.

--- End quote ---

I got the knock-off Louisiana Controller 50125.
A google search for "50125-AMP" will get people to what I'm looking at.

It arrived today. The holes don't match up so I had to add a hole with the drill to the left, but I now have it mounted.
I'm glad I got the wiring harness.  I'm not in the midst of matching up the wires.

On the firecraft, half the hardness is a common neutral wire with about 4 connectors on it.  I took pictures before taking everything apart and found instructions online for the new one on what each should do. 

Again, all the whites are neutral, so that makes things a bit easier.  I have to cut off some of the existing connectors and put on new.  The connectors I have don't have insulated ends, so I need to change a couple out. Probably a run to the store in the AM.

I'll have to figure out the coding. I found the instructions for the Louisiana controller, but I have no idea what the original firecraft setting were.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version
Mobile View