Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Clonesmoker on 18 Nov 2020
  • Got around 6 lbs of bottom round marinating for Jerky right now. Have an Sweet Asian Chili one, Dr. Pepper one, ordinary one, and a tropical one (soy sauce, ginger, pineapple juice). Got the bottom round for $2.50/lb. I need to MacGyver a middle shelf on my DB now. To get this done in two runs. Marinate will be around 36 hours. Did use Prague powder in all batches. Will post pics of my new shelf if I come up with something.

Did burgers last night on the top shelf. Set it for 300 degrees and in around 20 minutes they were done. Seasoned with Montreal Steak seasoning and some sweet potato fries in the air fryer. Pretty tasty for a meal in less than an hour. 
  • #2 by 02ebz06 on 18 Nov 2020
  • Yes it is.
    Did cheese a week ago, will be doing Jerky next week.
  • #3 by Clonesmoker on 19 Nov 2020
  • Used four paperclips as hangers. Worked pretty slick.
  • #4 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Nov 2020
  • Slices look great.  Try some frogmats on top of those racks and you may not get some bends and crinkles in the jerky or risk of them falling thru the grates.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 19 Nov 2020
  • Slices look great.  Try some frogmats on top of those racks and you may not get some bends and crinkles in the jerky or risk of them falling thru the grates.

+1

I still call them frogmats too, but they are actually Q-Matz now.
    AmazenProducts has 10% off on them not until 11/25/2020.
  • #6 by Bar-B-Lew on 19 Nov 2020
  • I bought mine for next to nothing on ebay from someone in China.  I probably have about 40-50 of them cut to the size of my dehydrator trays
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 26 Nov 2020
  • I bought mine for next to nothing on ebay from someone in China.  I probably have about 40-50 of them cut to the size of my dehydrator trays

Are these the ones? are they decent? I only ever used the Qmatz from Todd. I was going to buy a few feet of it, but seeing these I could trim them and use 2 to a rack and be easier to store when not in use. I bought by the foot and had some left and cut them 14x20 I think for the copper head and they work nice in the cabelas dryer.

• #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 26 Nov 2020
  • yes, those look similar to what i bought if not the same.  i've had no issues.
Pages:
Actions