Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice Needed on a Camera  (Read 956 times)

pz

• Digging the Pellet Smoke.
    • My recipes
Re: Advice Needed on a Camera
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2017, 02:59:38 PM »

;D
PZ

Chris__M

• Food Adventure
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2017, 03:06:59 PM »

Don't throw away those old phones - they work just fine for a variety of tasks.

One of my other hobbies is star-gazing. I have a small motorised scope, but also used to have a larger scope, which was completely reliant on muscle power (it has since gone to a friend).

When I found myself with a spare old Android phone, it quickly got fixed to the tube of the telescope and loaded with software that let it act as a kind of finder for the scope. You'd type in what you wanted to see, and arrows would appear on screen, telling you which way to push the thing. It took some setting up, to get it accurate, but because it was securely fixed in place, I only had to do this once (and then fine tune it, occasionally). Great fun.
Chris LG FS Legacy 1200, GMG Davy Crockett, OnlyFire Tabletop Pellet Grill, Weber Smokey Joe, ProQ Cold Smoking Cabinet

pz

• My recipes
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2017, 03:55:02 PM »

When I found myself with a spare old Android phone, it quickly got fixed to the tube of the telescope and loaded with software that let it act as a kind of finder for the scope. You'd type in what you wanted to see, and arrows would appear on screen, telling you which way to push the thing. It took some setting up, to get it accurate, but because it was securely fixed in place, I only had to do this once (and then fine tune it, occasionally). Great fun.

Man, that's cool - on the flip side, you can also make a jig that turns your phone into a microscope using the lens from a laser pointer. I've not personally done it, but have seen it demonstrated.
PZ

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2017, 04:03:38 PM »

Really is.
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up