Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by just4fn on 20 Nov 2020
  • The window glass is nice when it's clean.  Is there anything I can put on it so it cleans easier?  Rain-x or maybe smoke-x?  Do you even clean yours or how often do you clean it? What do you suggest to make cleaning easier?
  • #2 by Bentley on 20 Nov 2020
  • I have never understood glass and cooking when the glass is going to be exposed to fatty heat! Clean after each use would be my only suggestion!
  • #3 by Canadian John on 21 Nov 2020
  •  I am with Bent on the why.

The glass may not be glass. It could be ceramic as in a gas or wood fireplace or stove. 

As far as I know there isn't anything that would work to retard accumulation.

What you may want to try is a cleaner expressly made for fireplace or stove glass. Once used, subsequent cleanings tend to require less effort assuming the cleaning is frequent
  • #4 by yorkdude on 21 Nov 2020
  • I will chime in.
    Why they would put glass on any type of grill is beyond me. The pit boss vertical glass is useless, thinking it has to be a “selling point”.
    Our pellet stove glass is cleaned every 2 days or so and the etching is obvious to some degree.
    With meat, grease, liquids etc. I have to say that attempts are futile in that environment.
    Just my 2 cents.
  • #5 by ICIdaho on 24 Nov 2020
  • Let it go long enough and you will no longer notice it has glass, and maybe then it will not bother you!
Pages:
Actions