Pellet Fan

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to Pellet Fan!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Early Thanksgiving with Family  (Read 306 times)

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Early Thanksgiving with Family
« on: November 21, 2020, 10:36:34 AM »

Since some of family will be distant on Thxgvg, we decided to have our special meal today.  Non traditional--no turkey. Having chicken legs and thighs that I marinated over night and then with some additional light seasoning I sous vide them for 3 hrs a 160*. Did that Wed.  Kept them vacuum sealed and in fridge until today.  When we gather I will crank up the RT590 to FULL (which got to above 550 before), and sear them before serving. Did a test run on one drumstick and one thigh on Thursday. With 12 minutes-(turned once) they were seared nicely and meat was still very moist. They could have been in longer for more crisp without over drying. With 22 pieces, I will expect to take longer because of heat loss while loading all of them, and turning once. Will have some deviled eggs. In addition, will have the usual, mashed taters and gravy, baked sweet potato slices with brown sugar and cinnamon, dressing, cranberry sauce, french cut green beans, Texas toast with garlic, and of course Pumpkin Pie. Save yourself some time and buy the pie at Costco,if available. Absolutely the best I have tasted (including crust) and only $5.95 for a large pie.  :lick: 

Bentley

• Administrator
  • Your at the point in life...one pit is enough...
  • Mayberry
Re: Early Thanksgiving with Family
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 01:28:45 PM »

As long as there is mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy and dressing, I am ok with it!    :pig:
"‘One who puts on his armor should not boast like one who takes it off.’”

okie smokie

• Friends Want you to cook way to much.
  • Live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.
Re: Early Thanksgiving with Family
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 02:22:15 PM »

As long as there is mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy and dressing, I am ok with it!    :pig:
Will try to remember to take a pic.  Especially of the chicken.  My marinade is the very rich Italian salad dressing from Olive Garden.  Overnight, then lay the pieces on paper towels to soak up the excess. Then a light addition of Kickin Chickin from Weber. Then into the vacuum for the sous vide. Son-in-law will make the gravy (he is our expert on gravy).
Pages: [1]   Go Up