Pages:
Actions
  • #106 by hughver on 17 May 2023
  • My days for DYI concrete are long gone. I still do small electrical jobs but anything that requires lifting more than about 20 lbs. or requires two hands is out. Left side still suffering from effects of stroke two years ago.
  • #107 by Bentley on 17 May 2023
  • I bet you did your share Hugh!

More like Cheap Screw! Heading in right now, 1st 1000mg of Ibuprofen!

One determined man right there.  I hope your hot tub is in good working order.
  • #108 by 02ebz06 on 17 May 2023
  • Not a task I would take on.  My hats off to you.
  • #109 by ICIdaho on 18 May 2023
  • I use to have to do concrete testing, pulling cylinders, air entrainment, & slumps tests as part of my job.  I was young back then.  Concrete work is back breaking labor.  You are a determined, and probably sore individual.
  • #110 by Brushpopper on 18 May 2023
  • I'm sore from just looking at the pictures.
  • #111 by elenis on 22 May 2023
  • Your pictures make me so excited for my upcoming concrete work I need to do..... When we built my pole building garage I was paying cash and only had so much, so about a 9'x24' section got gravel instead of cement. Now that we got our new barn built and moved that equipment over into that building I am going to remove the gravel and do a 4" thick cement section to have it all be concrete. It will be where the woodshop I am setting up will go. I am looking at dry pouring the concrete though since it should minimize some of the screw up I imagine I would otherwise have trying to do it quickly and I don't need to rent or buy a cement mixer.
  • #112 by 02ebz06 on 22 May 2023
  • I'd love to see your wood shop when it is done.
  • #113 by Bentley on 22 May 2023
  • You don't think you will have issues with dry pouring a section that big?  Or are you breaking it into 3 pours?
  • #114 by Bentley on 22 May 2023
  • Got the forms in for the last 2 pours.  Hope to be done by end of day Thursday.  Gotta make 20lbs of Sausage Weds or i would be done then!
  • #115 by elenis on 23 May 2023
  • You don't think you will have issues with dry pouring a section that big?  Or are you breaking it into 3 pours?
    I am going to do a few pours to try to simplify it for myself. The nice thing is I have a sliding door at the back so I will work my way out the door essentially.
  • #116 by Bentley on 25 May 2023
  • It is all done!  To tired to go take a picture.  Will post one tomorrow.  Ordered the shed today!
  • #117 by elenis on 26 May 2023
  • I'd love to see your wood shop when it is done.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get put together. I will be happy to take pictures of it. I just have 550 ft of goat fencing and goat pens and a hay loft that I believe my wife has given priority over it. Except for her wanting me to build my daughter a piece of furniture before really getting it set up right.
  • #118 by Bentley on 26 May 2023
  • 30 to 60 day is the Est. right now!  We will see how long it takes. 

• #119 by elenis on 27 May 2023
  • 30 to 60 day is the Est. right now!  We will see how long it takes. 

Looks really nice.
  • #120 by pmillen on 28 May 2023
  • Bentley, you and Kristin are much more self-sufficient and clever about the things you do than the majority of my friends.  We all pay to have someone else do it.  A tip of my cap to you.
Pages:
Actions