Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 22 Nov 2020
  • Sorry for the bad photo -- had to use the zoom on my little point and shoot at twilight, so pretty bad photo.  Must be 100 geese out in the harvested corn field feeding off the leftover corn.  They are a pest in the ponds around here because so many and they foul the water.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #2 by reubenray on 22 Nov 2020
  • They come every year to our neighborhood lake.  We have had to use bottle rockets to get rid of them and their piles of goose poop everywhere.
  • #3 by Mikro on 22 Nov 2020
  • Sorry for the bad photo -- had to use the zoom on my little point and shoot at twilight, so pretty bad photo.  Must be 100 geese out in the harvested corn field feeding off the leftover corn.  They are a pest in the ponds around here because so many and they foul the water.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
    just need some directions to get there. Is hunting season open for geese. :)
  • #4 by pmillen on 23 Nov 2020
  • In 1991 waterfowl hunters were required to switch from lead shot to a variety of nontoxic shots in order to prevent ducks and geese from eating toxic lead shot.  That change and the reduced incidence of avian cholera has resulted in an exploding goose population.

I know of one small town near Omaha, Nebraska that is rumored to have poisoned thousands of geese before dredging and rehabilitating their lake.
  • #5 by 02ebz06 on 23 Nov 2020
  • When I lived in Denver Colorado area, they would destroy the golf courses.
    Groundskeepers were continually chasing them away
Pages:
Actions