Pit Talk -- Comments and Questions Regarding These Pellet Pits > Which Pit Should I Choose?

Best Pellet Pit for HEAVY SMOKE FLAVOR - money is no object

(1/12) > >>

SeattleSteve:
I have had a Traeger for many years, but we can't get a real smoky flavor.  Just bought some "Cookin Pellets" and that helps but still not as "smoky" as we want.

My wife got  some chicken from a barbeque place a couple days ago with a VERY strong smoky flavor.  She says "I want to be able do THAT at home."

I realize they probably use a REAL wood smoker and smoke the chicken for many hours ... but my question to all the pellet cooking experts on this forums is this:

What is Best Pellet Pit for HEAVY SMOKE FLAVOR if money is no object?  In other words, I want the BEST and I don't care how much it costs.

I realize some pellet pits are better at some things than others, but for us MAX smoke flavor is the goal.

I welcome your suggestions.

Thank you!

Steve

Bar-B-Lew:
get a stick burner.  you don't like smoke you like creosote

SeattleSteve:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on November 22, 2020, 05:57:40 PM ---get a stick burner.  you don't like smoke you like creosote

--- End quote ---

We like the convenience of pellet pits.

Bentley:
I am not sure they like creosote, but after reading your comments, I doubt that your wife will ever be happy with a pellet units smoke flavor.  You could try adding a supplemental smoke unit like the Blaz'n...but short of cold smoking before the cook, just not sure it can be accomplished. 

triplebq:

--- Quote from: Bar-B-Lew on November 22, 2020, 05:57:40 PM ---get a stick burner.  you don't like smoke you like creosote

--- End quote ---

Sorry I disagree with your comment to the OP. Just because someone likes a lot of smoke flavor doesn't mean they like creosote. They just like heavy smoke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version
Mobile View