Pages:
Actions
  • #16 by okie smokie on 08 Dec 2020
  • spatchcock chicken tonight, easy peasy.
    About 3+ lbs, rinsed, dried sprayed a little Olive oil,  Set the temp at 225*  with meat probe in breast. Smoked well for 1 hour, and temp was 102. Then upped temp to 350 for about another 45-50 minutes until temp was 165. Then off and cut in quarters. It was crispy, perfectly done and very moist. We really liked the seasoning. Had our fill and enough is left for 2 more meals for us. Far better result than same cook on the 590. Crisper, and seemed juicier.  Since I am now happy with more accurate temps, I think this dude is gonna be a winner. 

:lick:

• #17 by okie smokie on 08 Dec 2020
  • I know.  We should have also had some great veggies. But had none fresh and decided not to open cans. Taters were small so I ate two. Lotsa butter, salt, pepper.  :lick: :lick:
  • #18 by okie smokie on 14 Dec 2020
  • Did a filet last night. It was 32* and snowing (we had 6"). B380 under the porch roof. 1.75 inch thick steak, smoked at 275 for about 30 min. for internal temp of 127*, took it off and wrapped in foil, then cranked the pit up to "riot" and in 10=12 minutes or so the temp rose to 812*!!! I opened lid for 15-20 seconds, and lowered it and the temp gradually went down to 751 and remained there. I put the steak back on for 45 sec. twice on one side and twice on the other to get the sear marks. Result was a great steak that was about Medium. But what impressed me was the high temp achieved in short time with 32* ambient temp.  I think the 812* was an initial overshoot that would have corrected without my intervention. I have noticed the 380 doing that with lower settings. First an overshoot then a gradual settling to the preset temp. 
Pages:
Actions