Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Nov 2020
  • Every Thanksgiving the Culpeper Food Closet gives out "Thanksgiving Baskets" to families in need.  The baskets include a turkey and then foods for all the trimmings.  They ask for money donations to buy the turkeys and then various groups and churches and individuals will contribute all the food for the sides. There is another organization in town which has had a "pie drive" every year so that the baskets could each have a pie. They have tried to pass out about 500 baskets each year -- this year, because of the need, they are passing out 600 baskets.

I have always given money to purchase turkeys and did the same this year.  But because the need was greater and the "pie drive " folks thought they may not have as many pies, I am making some pies also. Made 2 pumpkin last night and 2 apple this morning. Tried to get festive by sprinkling gold, sparkle sugar on the apple, but that was a failure.  Bent made 2 sweet potato pies.  Forgot to get pics of Bent's sweet potato pies unwrapped, so can only show a wrapped one.  Finally, all loaded for the trip to the drop off location!

I know 2020 has been a tough year for many, but we are so blessed and are so happy we can share a bit with our community! Happy Thanksgiving to all our PelletFan friends!!!!

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]  
  • #2 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Nov 2020
  •  [ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]
  • #3 by WiPelletHead on 24 Nov 2020
  • That's a wonderful thing that you and Bentley are doing.  :clap: :clap:

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • #4 by 02ebz06 on 24 Nov 2020
  • My hat's off to you. Very thoughtful!!!   :clap:
  • #5 by pmillen on 24 Nov 2020
  • You two continue to set the bar higher and higher.  So many members here do.  It's because you lead in the way it should be done, by example.
  • #6 by jdmessner on 24 Nov 2020
  • Those pies look wonderful, I know you have certainly made a great Thanksgiving for several families. What a great community effort!! Hope you enjoy the holiday!!
  • #7 by Kristin Meredith on 24 Nov 2020
  • Thank you all for the nice compliments, but actually the members of this forum inspire me so.  So many of you doing so much for your communities, your families, your friends, especially in these difficult times. We are a site filled with such good folks!!!!
  • #8 by Bar-B-Lew on 24 Nov 2020
  • nice work!
  • #9 by cookingjnj on 24 Nov 2020
  • That's fantastic!
  • #10 by BigDave83 on 24 Nov 2020
  • Great looking pies, some lucky people in your area.
  • #11 by yorkdude on 25 Nov 2020
  • Very nice of you two.
  • #12 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Nov 2020
  • #13 by pmillen on 26 Nov 2020
  • That article, especially the last two paragraphs, kinda' tug at the heart strings.
  • #14 by Ffvillager on 26 Nov 2020
  • A Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. It is a pleasure to see you taking the time to do unto others!
  • #15 by Kristin Meredith on 26 Nov 2020
  • That article, especially the last two paragraphs, kinda' tug at the heart strings.

yes, "kindness begets kindness” -- it is good for us all to remember and try to practice that!!!
Pages:
Actions