Pages:
Actions
  • #1 by lil moose on 24 Nov 2020
  • Kimmie's school is way out of control with covid so we are staying home away from Family. Mom is 87 her mom is 82 so best thing is to stay home and just be safe.

So instead of the normal turkey and fixens we are doing hot Italian sausage, peppers, onions and spuds!

I mean the day is strange anyway so we might as well have a fire, a few cold beers and good food for just the two of us!

Pictures Friday!

Hope Y'all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!
  • #2 by Ralphie on 24 Nov 2020
  • I hear you. And that’s one of my all time favorite meals.

What part of the country are you in?  Curious about the covid issue.
  • #3 by pmillen on 24 Nov 2020
  • Yeah, why not?  Don't settle for a little bit of non-traditional activity—do the whole package.
  • #4 by jdmessner on 24 Nov 2020
  • I hear you! I am going nontraditional this year, but I am not exactly sure what what I will make. It looks like it will just be me this year, so I don't have to worry about what anyone else likes!! My side of the family canceled, but my wife is getting together with her family. I am cooking the turkey for her to take, so that should be fun. There will be several people there from various parts of the state, so I am going to social distance and stay put. At least I'll have the Lions to watch! 
  • #5 by lil moose on 24 Nov 2020
  • I hear you. And that’s one of my all time favorite meals.

What part of the country are you in?  Curious about the covid issue.
    North Alabama ,  Huntsville area  "The Rocket City"  ;)
  • #6 by lil moose on 24 Nov 2020
  • I hear you! I am going nontraditional this year, but I am not exactly sure what what I will make. It looks like it will just be me this year, so I don't have to worry about what anyone else likes!! My side of the family canceled, but my wife is getting together with her family. I am cooking the turkey for her to take, so that should be fun. There will be several people there from various parts of the state, so I am going to social distance and stay put. At least I'll have the Lions to watch!
    I have been a Lions fan for my entire life!  But this year sad to say I just can't bring myself to watch any "pro-ball"   Kinda an Alabama fan as well but even that has been shot to xxxx due to all this crazy xxxx going on.      Wife said 75% of the 8th grade is out and 65% or so of the 6th grade is out, but the 7th grade is much better with just a handful.   Problem is she works with all grades on their lap-tops and e-books     
  • #7 by BigDave83 on 24 Nov 2020
  • That sounds great. Sausage and peppers is excellent any time.

We usually go to her grandparents but not this year thankfully. I think we are going to a BBQ place about an hour away. We went there for Christmas dinner last year. The owner says he doesn't go to family gatherings and figures here are others that are the same way. Nice guy, not BBQ as most would know it but the food it good. Smoked Turkey, stuffing, mashed taters, gravy, sweet taters, corn or green beans, roll, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie with whipped cream. For 12 bucks. 57 and rain here Thursday so not fire for sausages.
  • #8 by lil moose on 27 Nov 2020
  • This years Thanksgiving we decided to go completely different.
    Since this year has been so crazy and my wife's school has been a hot spot for this covid stuff we said we would stay away from everyone and we would have sausage, peppers and onions then mix in corn and potatoes. 

I know this was not on a pellet grill but could be done very easily on one

Then we ended the night with a fire and a few beers!

• #9 by BigDave83 on 27 Nov 2020
  • Looks like an excellent meal. And great weather for it.
  • #10 by lil moose on 27 Nov 2020
  • Looks like an excellent meal. And great weather for it.
    I was perfect   But why do my pictures become so large here and not other sites?
  • #11 by Bentley on 27 Nov 2020
  • If your are not using a 3rd party hosting site, you will need to add the photos on the site here as an attachment, and they will probably have to be resize so they fit the format.
  • #12 by lil moose on 30 Nov 2020
  • If your are not using a 3rd party hosting site, you will need to add the photos on the site here as an attachment, and they will probably have to be resize so they fit the format.
    I use  "imgbb.com"    Works well but this site it blows things way up?     

I can resize and post right right to the site but most sites don't have the ability to upload and maintain a lot of photos so I'm use to using other sites to host pictures 
  • #13 by Canadian John on 30 Nov 2020

•  Lil M, A very wise decision in staying home. The spread you put on looks great, something I would enjoy, staying @ home or not. Thanks for posting.

• #14 by okie smokie on 30 Nov 2020
  • Simple and hardy. Love Italian sausage (will do some tonight!). My secluded Thxgvg included spareribs, LeSure peas with french fried onions on top, fried taters and apple cobbler. It was great. Sorry no pics.
    Hopefully, next year we will be able to get back to traditional meals and gatherings. Maybe sooner?
  • #15 by lil moose on 30 Nov 2020
  • test
Pages:
Actions